ICS Drains Battery Faster

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine is a little worse...but not bad enough that I will complain. I keep mine on a charging dock throughout the day and I don't charge it over night...so in the morning after my nightly game play and book reading the battery is down to roughly 50% in the morning.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine took a lot out of the battery during the upgrade process but has been at least as good as prior to the update afterward.

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine is a little worse...but not bad enough that I will complain. I keep mine on a charging dock throughout the day and I don't charge it over night...so in the morning after my nightly game play and book reading the battery is down to roughly 50% in the morning.

Similar experience, here. Slightly worse, but not bad.

will_solo

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel like mine is about the same as before the update. I also have wifi turn off when I am not home so I think it conserves a little more battery that way.

rtd13

Feb 17, 2011
www.rondubinphotography.com
For me (Wi-Fi) it's better now. I did a reset after the OTA and I've had the battery go 56 hours so far with moderate use, reinstalling apps, syncing with SugarSync, adding music etc. At 56 hours there was still 5% left.

Before I did the reset I think it was about the same as before and the reset was the most painless one I've ever experienced.

addiron

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
The title says it all. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
Hi GN,

Whilst most people don't seem to be having a battery problem since updating to ICS, I do have a problem. You may be wondering why I am replying to your post six months after you posed the question. It is because ICS was only made available to me by OTA about five weeks ago. I am in the UK and have the 3G model (GT-P7500).

Anyway, since updating to ICS, I now find that battery capacity falls by 1.4% per hour overnight. My tab is only in deep sleep for approx. 10% of the time! This is according to the app, BetterBatteryStats. I have tried no end of things in the vain hope of getting to the bottom of this - all to no avail. Overnight, WiFi, GPS, mobile data and bluetooth are all off.

Did you manage to solve your battery problem?

Thanks.

addiron (anagram for guess what!)

kays_f

May 24, 2013
Visit site
That is because samsung ended support to the tab in an unstable os (as far as i see for some countries). as i do a research about this subject it seems that the tab does not go into the "deep sleep" mode. this explanation is consistent with my experience that, there is always a little heat at the back of my tab. this problem obviously started after ics upgrade. perhaps flashing a rom from a different country will solve the problem but an unexperienced user like me get afraid about doing that. for example the rom for macedonia seems to be released a few months ago but i get afraid if my tab becomes sim locked when i flash it. otherwise i would try all of the stock roms released for the tab.

are there any informative explanation about flashing? flashing a rom? coming back to the stock rom? downgrading os version etc.? i got bored with this problem but bricking the device fear forces me to learning to live with this annoying situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol