Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Play Store not updating or downloading apps

Thank You!

I also had the same problem for 2 days. I couldn't download apps or update my installed apps. Then I found out that the problem was because of my mistake. In App Traffic Control (data usage for apps) I had turned off the Play Store mistakenly. After turning it on everything is fine, apps are updating automatically and I could download new apps.

“””” A Fix For Not Being Able To Download Or Install Apps From The Google Play Store
    For People Who Have Tried EVERYTHING And It Still Doesn’t Work !!!!!!”””””””””

To keep a long story short, I had decided to start using an older Android phone of\my wife’s. So I decided to factory reset it so I could start fresh on it. Well after it restarted it immediately being to ***** about not being able to connect to server. Then when I open the play store everything I tried to download was Error retrieving information from server. I tried everything I could think of but nothing worked. Then hitting the forums and trying everything listed in them at least 10 times. So I was about to just give up then my little voice said try this one last thing and to my surprise it WORKED. Everything was working, updating and downloading. Here are the step to what I did.
    1. Remove all accounts and yes this means do a factory reset
    2. Restart the device
    3. After start up DO NOT and I mean DO NOT create, link or sign in using your google account info. Hit skip this step and let the device fully start up.
    4. After is has started and you have a data connection open the Play Store
    5. At this time NOW sign in with your google account info.
    6. Just sit back and enjoy watching the updates come zooming in.
    I don’t know why this worked or how but it worked. I am posting this so that others who are as frustrated as I was, might have a chance at PEACE. May this post save others and lead to calm.

I had the same issue for months.

Moments ago, I went into Play Store, selected the Options Menu (3 bars on top left), selected My apps, and I seen that 2 downloads for apps were in progress but incomplete. I cancelled both downloads, went back to the main page or Home, and successfully downloaded an app.

Hope this helps!

Lightbulb Re: Play Store not updating or downloading apps

thanks a lot, man. This solved my problem. (y)

I already enable the app !
    but couldn't update !
    what i should do now ?

Talking Re: Play Store not updating or downloading apps

try bluestack player

Thank you so much. I was dealing with this problem for months. Now it's resolved. Thank you.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I tried everything and it didn't work for my new S7, but it turned out to be an issue with my router. I did not have the correct DNS settings. I used two of Google's public DNS and the phone was able to download apps.

Try uninstalling and downloading again Google Play!

yesterday i formatted my sd card and phone memory too. then i unimstalled some major apps like facebook,skype,viber everything then started my phone .But, what i faced is my google play store isnt downloading any apps instead it is updating some apps available in my phone that also randomly. But none of the apps are updated . can anyone please help me out to solve this problem. my device is Gionee M2

If you have an sd card in your phone with apps on the sd card, try moving your apps to your device. Then restart your phone. Then update your apps. This is the only thing that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by aje99999 View Post
    For the last few days I have been unable to update or download apps on the Play Store.
    All I get is the downloading bar and it says it's downloading but it just sits their like that for hours unless I stop it. I have same problem on my Sgs3 over 3G and Wifi! I I have tried clearing data and cache on download manager and Play Store application but it makes no difference, have tried turning on and off but no difference. I read that Play Store had some major changes on Friday to change the way updates work and maybe this has something to do with it, and I can download successfully from Samsung store so it appears to be a Play Store issue, and Anyone else have the same problem or suggestions, don't really want to do a factory reset as don't think that will clear problem and can't backup tablet as it won't connect to kies but that's another issue!
    So in short have this same problem on my tablet and my phone which points to the Store being the cause?
    Thanks
    Lol, i have tired to solve it, its easy,
    1. Connect your vpn
    2. Goto play store and keep downloading
    3. Enjoy

Hi folks,

I faced the same problem where i was unable to download or update any app from google play store. I got few points which will solve your issue

1. Clear the cache memory of play store

Go to Account settings-> apps -> google play store -> clear cache

2. One iteresting setting which solves my ploblem is peer device assignment under WLAN direct, which i cleared and my device started behaving correctly

Go to -> wireless network -> more -> WLAN direct -> peer device

Regards,
    Pallavi

Will you please make the point no. 3 a little bit clear? I can't really understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by aje99999 View Post
    For the last few days I have been unable to update or download apps on the Play Store.
    All I get is the downloading bar and it says it's downloading but it just sits their like that for hours unless I stop it. I have same problem on my Sgs3 over 3G and Wifi! I I have tried clearing data and cache on download manager and Play Store application but it makes no difference, have tried turning on and off but no difference. I read that Play Store had some major changes on Friday to change the way updates work and maybe this has something to do with it, and I can download successfully from Samsung store so it appears to be a Play Store issue, and Anyone else have the same problem or suggestions, don't really want to do a factory reset as don't think that will clear problem and can't backup tablet as it won't connect to kies but that's another issue!
    So in short have this same problem on my tablet and my phone which points to the Store being the cause?
    Thanks
    I have just had the same thing, found the Google help thing and none of that worked either. I then lamented to my friend about not being able to chat with (facebook) messenger now their changing over. So I uninstalled it and suddenly everything's good. I've had problems with messenger on tablets and its screwed them up to, now I know why!

It worked , Thanks Steve

Play Store not updating or downloading apps- WHY

Quote Originally Posted by SUDEEP DSOUZA View Post
    Play Store not updating or downloading apps- WHY
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you read through this thread and try the proposed solutions?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123