Play Store not updating or downloading apps

aje99999

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
For the last few days I have been unable to update or download apps on the Play Store.
All I get is the downloading bar and it says it's downloading but it just sits their like that for hours unless I stop it. I have same problem on my Sgs3 over 3G and Wifi! I I have tried clearing data and cache on download manager and Play Store application but it makes no difference, have tried turning on and off but no difference. I read that Play Store had some major changes on Friday to change the way updates work and maybe this has something to do with it, and I can download successfully from Samsung store so it appears to be a Play Store issue, and Anyone else have the same problem or suggestions, don't really want to do a factory reset as don't think that will clear problem and can't backup tablet as it won't connect to kies but that's another issue!
So in short have this same problem on my tablet and my phone which points to the Store being the cause?
Thanks

partlowr

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issues, however I thought it was my new device. I am a longtime Android user (since before they were released to public) and pretty well versed at the ins and outs of these Android devices but by no means an expert. Just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 through T-Mobile and recieved it yesterday. Last night I spent hours trying to debug it.

When I turned it on and after I did the initial set-up I went to download some apps, I was suprised to see the old Android Market icon and not the new Google Play Store icon. I clicked Android Market and then typed the name of the app into the search bar....Pandora Radio, I clicked Pandora and then clicked install, it then promted me that the Android market was now to Google Play store, asked me if I wanted to proceed with downloading the Playstore I clicked yes or continue or whatever the promt was. It was at that time that all hell broke loose. Once the Playstore was downloaded I was getting freeze up and force close prompts from Playstore and it was telling me Playstore was not running. I went into setting and applications and uninstalled Google Play Store, Tab was now running fine after uninstall. I powered the unit down and rebooted. I again attempted to reinstal Playstore, unfortunalty the same force close issues began almost immediatly after the install. I uninstalled again. I then decided that since I was not too far along and did not have too much downloaded on my new device to attempt a master reset. I did the reset, redid the initial set-up and once again attempted to install Playstore but the same problem as before was happening.

I spent over an hour on the phone with T-mobiles useless customer care and tech support, they then transfered me to Samsungs tech support where I spent another 35 minutes on the phone with a person that sounded like they knew less about the device than I did. Frustrated and angy I now turn to the internet and found this thread and several other complaints that have arisen in the past week or so regarding Playstore issues and problems.

Any help would be appreciated. I bought this device for a presentation I have to make at work next week, my plan was to work on the presentation and get it all downloaded on the Tab this weekend but now it's looking like that is not going to happen.......HELP !

aje99999

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Finally got this sorted. Was abroad recently and it all worked fine then came home and none of my tablets wouldhpdate or download. Changed my DNS settings in my modem and this immediateley cured the problem. Think there was some conflict that keot picking up where it left off with a server somewhere so when i used a different DNS this cured it .
Hope this helps.

Sreya

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
My play store is not working, neither is my gmail. I tried updating my whatsapp application, and now that is also not working. I have a samsung phone, ice cream sandwich OS. please help. Like, when I click on the play store icon, it opens but it shuts on its own before loading completely. and gmail just doesnt start.
If i uninstall my playstore and try to download it, would it work? If i go to a samsung store, would they be able to help me out?

Lysander Reha

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
1. Plug your stupid little device into the computer.
2.Open a "Search"
3. Set the search to your device specificly, and make sure the advanced option "check hidden files and folders" is checked.
4. Search for smdl2tmp1.asec
5. Delete it.
6. Problem solved.

Aje99999's solution is not going to work for 99% of people with this issue, as the real issue lies in the application installation folder. You can thank Google for never providing insight on this rampant problem, [language redacted by Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Georgeb67

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm still having this issue, did you find out how to fix this issue, I am finding this very frustrating. I couldn't find smdl2tmp1.asec as indicated above :-(. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

jamz jefferson

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
im having issues with downloading apps. MY phone used to download everything, until i factory reset and erased everything. now it says it will download in a sort while. its been three days, nothing downloaded, and i have tried atleast 40 times!!!

Panther07201

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. It is a Google Play Store issue
Goto Settings > Application Manager > find Google Play Store
Clear cache & Clear Data & Force Stop & ( Do not Uninstall Updates )
Go back to Google Play Store and search & download something.

sandeep rajpoot

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hay! I was facing the same issue but after reading in this forum I have changes my access point From VodafoneLive! to Vodafone Connect and its working fine.I am able to install any apps from play store and able to update installed apps to.
thanks

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Len Hastings

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a million. Been having this problem for weeks and tried dozens of solutions. None were successful.Tried yours . Worked straight away. Brilliant

NicOatridge

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. It is a Google Play Store issue
Goto Settings > Application Manager > find Google Play Store
Clear cache & Clear Data & Force Stop & ( Do not Uninstall Updates )
Go back to Google Play Store and search & download something.

Tried this but still no luck. Stupid frigging Nexus just has the status bar pretend it is downloading indefinitely. Nexus works fine for everything else.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Tried this but still no luck. Stupid frigging Nexus just has the status bar pretend it is downloading indefinitely. Nexus works fine for everything else.

Try resetting app preferences.

Settings, apps, menu button, reset app preferences.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

RockingRaz

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
had the same problem. I had the same problem. It is a Google It is a Google Play Store issue Play Store issue Goto Settings > Application Manager > Goto Settings > Application Manager > find Google Play Store find Google Play Store Clear cache & Clear Data & Force Stop Clear cache & Clear Data & Force Stop & ( & ( Do not Uninstall Updates ) Do not Uninstall Updates ) Go back to Google Play Store and search Go back to Google Play Store and search & download something.

This is working fine....
Thanks for solution

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay