Play Store not updating or downloading apps

Tapetar

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Tnx RockingRaz, it worked for me as well!
"Play Store issue Goto Settings > Application Manager > Goto Settings > Application Manager > find Google Play Store find Google Play Store Clear cache & Clear Data & Force Stop Clear cache & Clear Data & Force Stop & ( & ( Do not Uninstall Updates ) Do not Uninstall Updates ) Go back to Google Play Store and search Go back to Google Play Store and search & download something."

RDanie

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I change all my Apps by restricting background data a few days ago an ran into the same problem where apps are showing 'downloading' and nothing more happens. I fix it by 'un-restricting' background data by going to (on the Sony Experia Z2) 'Settings'-'Data Usage'-scrolling and unticking the 'restrict background data' tick boxes on all apps. (Not sure what the data usage impact will be now - will have to monitor).

Gaz inbali

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Assuming you are NOT using a wifi connection.. check your mobile networks/Access point names..
There may be more than one option.. on my system I have 3 Gprs and 3 Data.
I found switching to the 3 Data setting fixed the download problem immediately..
Just something you can try :)

SOMENSONI

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
All these above steps and instructions have been tried, but all in vain. The playstore in my canvas A1 is unable to download or update any app over Wi-Fi. All it shows in the download bar, but no progress in it. Playstore is of latest version 5.0.38 Please provide a valid solution. This is really a very frustrating case.

Seema Kumari

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
For the last few days I have been unable to update or download apps on the Play Store.
All I get is the downloading bar and it says it's downloading but it just sits their like that for hours unless I stop it. I have same problem on my Sgs3 over 3G and Wifi! I I have tried clearing data and cache on download manager and Play Store application but it makes no difference, have tried turning on and off but no difference. I read that Play Store had some major changes on Friday to change the way updates work and maybe this has something to do with it, and I can download successfully from Samsung store so it appears to be a Play Store issue, and Anyone else have the same problem or suggestions, don't really want to do a factory reset as don't think that will clear problem and can't backup tablet as it won't connect to kies but that's another issue!
So in short have this same problem on my tablet and my phone which points to the Store being the cause?
Thanks

Even I have the same problem. I am using Lenovo S850, google play services ask for updating, when I click on yes to update, I see only download bar for hours. Same issue happens if I try to download any other apps from the play store. I just see the download bar for hours together but no progress in it. Due to google play services not being updated there are many apps which are not launching. This is really pathetic condition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tariqbirdy

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi My friend
Just simply uninstall Google play services from the settings than from the aaps manager after its done, try to run google play it will ask to install or update google play services,
or reinstall Google services all will be working fine,
Thanks regards

Steve Field1

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Goto Settings > Application Manager > find Google Play Store
Clear cache & Clear Data & Force Stop & ( Do not Uninstall Updates )
Go back to Google Play Store and search & download something.

works perfectly! thanks!

salman ghouri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Guys if you are having problem with downloading or updating apps then download tunnel bear or hideman vpn APK to your computer then transfer to your phone or SD card and then install that APK then launch vpn app and select USA country then go to play store now try to download or update your apps i will work 100% guaranteed!!!!! :)

paininventor

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
For the last few days I have been unable to update or download apps on the Play Store.
All I get is the downloading bar and it says it's downloading but it just sits their like that for hours unless I stop it. I have same problem on my Sgs3 over 3G and Wifi! I I have tried clearing data and cache on download manager and Play Store application but it makes no difference, have tried turning on and off but no difference. I read that Play Store had some major changes on Friday to change the way updates work and maybe this has something to do with it, and I can download successfully from Samsung store so it appears to be a Play Store issue, and Anyone else have the same problem or suggestions, don't really want to do a factory reset as don't think that will clear problem and can't backup tablet as it won't connect to kies but that's another issue!
So in short have this same problem on my tablet and my phone which points to the Store being the cause?
Thanks

to all the ppl whom play store is not working and uve tried pretty much everything like clearing cache ..factory reset ...all the other stufffff kindlt disable firewall on ur modem through which the wifi is working..just open WAN settings and disable the firewall and it will start downloading all the apps u want....ii tried everything and this was the solution

gool007

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
am having the same problem here mate i just went see my dns settings preferred dns setting option was on i just change it to obtain dns server automatically would that be solution ??

Sorab Kumar

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Just open wifi setting tap and hold conected wifi network and then press modify network then check advanced sating and here give it google dns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance