Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Store Not Working

Hi All, haven't been able to update or download anything for last few days it just sits on downloading and doesn't do anything and I have to cancel the download. It's the same on my tablet and Sgs3 I can download from Samsung application store perfectly. I Have tried clearing cache and data for download manager and Play Store application so all in all it points to a problem with the Play Store itself. I know they had a major update last week to change the way it updates apps maybe this has caused and error?
    Anyone any ideas or having same problem?
    Thanks

Default Re: Google Play Store Not Working

No problems here.
    Thanked by:

I just noticed I cant connect either. It is also affecting voice to type in text msging
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Don't know what's going on but maybe something with my account as all 4 tablets of various makes it have at home can't update or download but I can from Samsung store?? Its very odd will call Samsung in the morning and post result.

I have a samsung gs3 and google play will not update and constantly gives me pop up errors saying it is not working or just now that google play has stopped. Ive lost all my messages and abilities to recieve text. THIS PHONES SUCKS....however my husband doesnt have any problem with his.

Try clearing data AND cache for Google Play, reboot, and then try again. Settings>Applications>All>Google Play>Clear Data and clear cache.

EDIT: posting in the right section is always helpful

Sent from my phablet.
    Last edited by btswein; 10-12-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    nancybout likes this.

I try to open the play store and it goes to the black screen as if its starting up, but then just closes and goes to my home screen. I haven't been able to do any updates and d/l any apps for a few days too. I was planning on master resetting my phone from scratch this weekend. or should i wait for Google to fix it?

Did you find a solution? I've not updated now in weeks, thinking it would just fix itself. But I'm getting round to trying to find a solution now and I just have no idea what to do.

Angry Re: Google Play Store Not Working

Are you able to solve the prob after clearing and rebooting? I have the same problem too! couldn't enter the app at all. once i clear data and cache, my home screen prompts out a msg box saying 'Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.' Plus, an OK button. what happen!?!?
    Peter Alker likes this.

What fixed it for me on Samsung galaxy S3 running Android version 4.1.1 was:

Settings > Application Manager > All > Locate Download Manager (will be at the the bottom of the list when it's disabled) and enable it

Hope that helps
    Thanked by 25:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and the Google Play Store simply says "no connection"-"retry". Still searching for a solution.

EMine does the same thing on my Android Tablet. It says "No Connection: Retry" even though I'm connected to wifi.

I am having this same issue still. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread. (cleared caches, gone through the play store website, enabled download manager, etc.) Nothing has worked and i seem to be out of options other then doing a factory reset, which i realllly dont want to do.

Any other suggestions or solutions out there. It is very frustrating. I have only owned the tablet about three weeks and everything worked fine when i got it.

Thank you so much FiendishMcButton!! Your answer just saved me a trip to verizon because I thought my phone was junk!!!

Wink Re: Google Play Store Not Working

mine too...trying FiendishMcButton solution...

Thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!
    to:FiendishMcButton

Thumbs up Re: Google Play Store Not Working

Your advice and instructions worked to solve my Google play store issue...
    Thank you..

Thanks this has been dricing me nuts! It works again yipee!

Thank you, I've been trying to fix this for ages!! Was doing my head in!!! Such a relief!

Thanks dude

brilliant advise.. thanks a million mr or mrs mc button..
    i too am on galaxy s3.....ive been trying to fix this for days and have wasted many hours trying to find solution.
    have a nice day and thanks for sharing.

I cannot open my play store.its said that enter the password and email,but i already done it, i dont know what the problem.i entered the correct password,it just seem doesnt help at all

hi
    i have samsung galaxy s3 but i have some problem with using play store
    whenever i want download some add from this . i cant success and shows me this massage
    Authentication is required. you need to sign into your google acccount. i clear the data and cash and sign in to gmai and gtalk but unfortunatly i cant access to play store
    plz help me
    Thanked by:
    srin 

Thank you thank you so much fiendishMcButton
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Talking Re: Google Play Store Not Working [THANKS FiendishMcButton!]

I had no idea what the heck was going on with my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone since last night. Your fix did it. And quite quickly. How my "Downloads" became disabled, I do not have a clue. Went to Application Manager, ALL, and there at the very bottom was Downloads, with a Disabled tag. Changed that. Taa Daa! Fixed! Again, THANKS so much, FiendishMcButton!
Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast