Google Play Store Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

aje99999

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All, haven't been able to update or download anything for last few days it just sits on downloading and doesn't do anything and I have to cancel the download. It's the same on my tablet and Sgs3 I can download from Samsung application store perfectly. I Have tried clearing cache and data for download manager and Play Store application so all in all it points to a problem with the Play Store itself. I know they had a major update last week to change the way it updates apps maybe this has caused and error?
Anyone any ideas or having same problem?
Thanks

aje99999

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't know what's going on but maybe something with my account as all 4 tablets of various makes it have at home can't update or download but I can from Samsung store?? Its very odd will call Samsung in the morning and post result.

Kryste

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a samsung gs3 and google play will not update and constantly gives me pop up errors saying it is not working or just now that google play has stopped. Ive lost all my messages and abilities to recieve text. THIS PHONES SUCKS....however my husband doesnt have any problem with his.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing data AND cache for Google Play, reboot, and then try again. Settings>Applications>All>Google Play>Clear Data and clear cache.

EDIT: posting in the right section is always helpful :)

Sent from my phablet.

Last edited:

j.maldjian

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I try to open the play store and it goes to the black screen as if its starting up, but then just closes and goes to my home screen. I haven't been able to do any updates and d/l any apps for a few days too. I was planning on master resetting my phone from scratch this weekend. or should i wait for Google to fix it?

PeachLAmour

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Did you find a solution? I've not updated now in weeks, thinking it would just fix itself. But I'm getting round to trying to find a solution now and I just have no idea what to do.

Amie Fca

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to solve the prob after clearing and rebooting? I have the same problem too! couldn't enter the app at all. once i clear data and cache, my home screen prompts out a msg box saying 'Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.' Plus, an OK button. what happen!?!?:-\

FiendishMcButton

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
What fixed it for me on Samsung galaxy S3 running Android version 4.1.1 was:

Settings > Application Manager > All > Locate Download Manager (will be at the the bottom of the list when it's disabled) and enable it

Hope that helps :cool:

kindagetit

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I am having this same issue still. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread. (cleared caches, gone through the play store website, enabled download manager, etc.) Nothing has worked and i seem to be out of options other then doing a factory reset, which i realllly dont want to do.

Any other suggestions or solutions out there. It is very frustrating. I have only owned the tablet about three weeks and everything worked fine when i got it.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
mine too...trying FiendishMcButton solution...:)

Thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!thanks!!!!
to:FiendishMcButton

Last edited by a moderator:

finn mccool

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
brilliant advise.. thanks a million mr or mrs mc button..
i too am on galaxy s3.....ive been trying to fix this for days and have wasted many hours trying to find solution.
have a nice day and thanks for sharing. :):cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.