10.1 inch tablet ACHINGLY SLOW after ICS update. Anyone else?

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So, I was so excited when I was able to use KIES and "upgrade" to ICS on the ol' Galaxy Tab 10.1
Yes, it was a wonderful tablet before - I loved it. It was fast and I never had a problem with it. But, I
was looking forward to the improvements ICS would bring.

Downloaded and installed the ICS update - and ever since then, doing anything on my tablet has
been the most frustrating experience I have ever had. Everything opens sooooooooo slowly. Web
pages take forever to load. Applications take years to open. Now my tablet is bordering on un-usable.
In fact, I haven't used it for more than 5 minutes in the month or two since I got the update. It is just
so frustrating and un-usable - I can't deal with it! :)

Has anyone else encountered this? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
ICS should be faster than HC, not slower.
Sounds like there is something on your tab that doesn't work well with ICS.
The first thing to try is a factory reset. This will delete anything you have on the tab, apps, photos, etc., so
make sure you back up anything that you want to keep.
After the reset, you'll have to set up your tab again like you did when it was new, but it's worth the effort.
A reset will usually solve any problems you may be having.. When I do an upgrade, I do the reset first, then install the upgrade.
This assures a nice, clean install.
After the reset, first update the pre-installed apps. Then reinstall apps you downloaded.
Do them one by one. That way you can see if it's a particular app that's causing your tab to run so slowly.
Once you're up and running, you can try a third party launcher as Brownstar suggested, but you shouldn't "need" one for your
tab to run properly. A third party launcher will usually run faster and more smoothly than the stock launcher. They also have
lots of options for customization, like transitions, animations, themes, etc. They add a lot of fun to the tab.
Brownstar suggested Nova, and that's the one I use. Installs just like any other app.
There are a lot of launchers you can try. Most have two versions, free and paid. The paid version usually gives more options.
I have the paid version of Nova, but the free version is excellent.
Some others are Apex, GO Launcher EX, Launcher Pro. Try them one by one.
But again, a different launcher shouldn't be needed. You need to get your tab running properly first.
A third party launcher is an enhancement, not a fix for problems.
So, try the reset routine first.

jpechlin

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue right after the update. I really didnt want the update, but it forced me to update with the pop up window. Now its almost as slow as my google tablet that i gave away because it was so slow. I am very dissapointed. It is slow to pull up web sites, the typing is lagging, and the start up screen is slow.

Justin Miller5

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine was a bit slow, with internet on, it was terrible,

Installed nova launcher it then was a refreshing experience! fast and smooth once again! :cool:
Justin