1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Whats the Max Size SD that can work in a Samsung TAB? can a 128gb work?

Hi

I am new to the forums and have been looking for some time now, to find out if a 128GB micro sd work in a TAB.
    I already knw that the 64GB works.
    I am looking to get my 10.1 TAB in the next few days and still not decided on the 3g or wifi only version.
    Sum may b saying why would I need a 128GB, I intead to use my TAB for work as well as to play with.
    I do a PC/Satellite work and now also taking up electrian.
    Yes I knw 64GB is a good size, but when I started PC support the world was going mad over 20mb.(hmmmm showing how young i am)
    I knw that FAT has limitation.
    So if any one has tried any thing over 64gb please tell me what size you was able to use and if any what problems you came accross or was there a set spec SD you had to use.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

Default Re: Whats the Max Size SD that can work in a Samsung TAB? can a 128gb work?

OG tab 10.1 doesn't have sd card slot bro.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

Default Re: Whats the Max Size SD that can work in a Samsung TAB? can a 128gb work?

10.2 Tab 2 does though..........in response to your question, with the amount of cloud storage available you don't really need a huge SD card.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Quote Originally Posted by unglued94ta View Post
    OG tab 10.1 doesn't have sd card slot bro.

True, but there is a Samsung accessory set of two units that connect to the Samsung connector slot. One is an adaptor to plug in full sized USB stuff. I use that one to print right off my tablet without having to set up wifi network settings or to plug in a USB stick full of good music (saving room on the device). The other connects an SD card to the micro-usb port. That one will take a standard SD adaptor for microSD cards. You wouldn't want to use it (or the USB stick) for anything more permanent like wallpapers, etc. But it's good for file transfers and things like movies and music that aren't used as often and would take away working space on the device.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    True, but there is a Samsung accessory set of two units that connect to the Samsung connector slot. One is an adaptor to plug in full sized USB stuff. I use that one to print right off my tablet without having to set up wifi network settings or to plug in a USB stick full of good music (saving room on the device). The other connects an SD card to the micro-usb port. That one will take a standard SD adaptor for microSD cards. You wouldn't want to use it (or the USB stick) for anything more permanent like wallpapers, etc. But it's good for file transfers and things like movies and music that aren't used as often and would take away working space on the device.
    Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Sorry. My bad.

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    I have the same thing, its very handy
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I won't be using the Cloud in any near time if I ever do.
    But I would still like to know.
    Yes it can or can't work.
    London UK
    Happy Samsung TAB 2 user now I have moved from a tab to a Note 10.1

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

I don't see why it wouldn't work
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Ok thanks I may try wen price is lower
    London UK
    Happy Samsung TAB 2 user now I have moved from a tab to a Note 10.1

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstar69 View Post
    I have the same thing, its very handy
    After posting that, I did a little playing around. It appears that the Tab will play music and probably movies from a card or USB stick. But I'm finding one other shortcoming and I'm unsure if it's me or the Tab. The filemanager that opens on the card or stick doesn't seem to have copy or paste options, unless I'm missing. I have Air Browser, ES File Explorer, and Ghost Commander. None seems to recognize an external card or stick. One of the things I was hoping for was to be able to grab a file off a work computer on a stick, pop that into the Tab and transfer it so I can work on it on the Tab. That one's still eluding me. Any help appreciated.

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

I've done it with EZ File Explorer, its just the normal functionality as far as I can remember.......been a while since I did it.

Hi there, brand new to the forum, just purchased. My galaxy tab 2 GT P5113, with ir blaster, (I hope) and am wondering whether a 64gb sd card will work on it or even a 128 gb before I buy one, and what type sd do I need to buy, any help. Greatly appreciated

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Total commander for managing files