Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

I have a Samsung Galaxy, the first one I believe which came out in 2012. My phone will not let me do a thing. I have done everything you could possibly imagine, factory reset, Settings --> Applications -->All--> Download Manager --> Clear Data/Cache. Not one thing worked. Help.

Default Re: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

Thanks for the video, but next time you make a guide, then stop repeating yourself so much in the begining and just tell us how to fix the problem. Maybe explain what problem you are fixing
    Thanked by:

I have been having the same issue. Tried ALL fixes in thread. No success

What 3 buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Aramin View Post
    I have been having the same issue. Tried ALL fixes in thread. No success
    It's been over a month and I was wondering if you found a solution yet??? I started having the problem like 2 days ago and none of the fixes on any thread worked.

I have the same problem. I can't use thje cm, can't open the music files and gallery. I tried clearing th media storage but it didn't work. Please help...

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same problem. I can't use thje cm, can't open the music files and gallery. I tried clearing th media storage but it didn't work. Please help...

How do I do it? I can't use the cam and I can't access the music and gallery the moment I started getting tht message. Did you have those problems too?

- - - Updated - - -

How do I do it? I can't use the cam and I can't access the music and gallery the moment I started getting tht message. Did you have those problems too?

Nope, didn't work.

thank you so much im on the galaxy note to and clearing the data from media storage fixed it your the best

Thumbs down Re: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

my androids media storage got disabled and now all it will do is go to the second android picture and wont go past that can i fix it

Galaxy note2 . GT-7100

Tried that but I'm stuck on "computing"..........can't clear data......option is greyed out.

I also did a factory reset twice and soon after the same message appears.

Android process media has stopped

The factory data reset action was really helpful. I could not launch my camera and now it works

Cool Re: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

Please use this link as I have tried performing the steps given in this link and this has worked for me 100% resolution

Guys , I created an account just to reply to this thread. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and this message kept coming up, like I couldn't use my camera, my files or get to my music without it force closing and it would freeze up a lot too. I tried clearing media storage worked for some people that didnt work for me though. But I think the issue lies in the sd card I have an 8GB SanDisk memory card and all these problems occured when the sd card was in. I even factory reset my phone and it worked for about 2 days before the "android process media has stopped" message popped up again. I took my sd card out and everything is fine now. I think I need a new one all together because my phone stopped recognising it but it would know when I ejected it out of my phone. So I suggest taking out your sd card if that doesnt work take it out, factory reset your phone then try using it without the sd card.

I kept getting this same error, "android.process.media has stopped..." and also "android.process.acore has stopped..." The message started after I unrooted. I was able to solve the issue by installing Jelly Bean 4.1 update. This is the link on how to do it:

I highly recommend backing up everything you hold dear before you root or unroot your phone. This update is what saved my phone as I didn't backup before unrooting. I couldn't make a call on my phone nor even install a backup app. I was about to restore factory update until I decided to try this first, and it worked. Make sure you are downloading an official Jelly Bean Stock update; the link on the instructions above works.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, Sprint. Hope this helps.

This is a bit different, but may work for this error as well.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

i have galaxy s2

Quote Originally Posted by haniming2 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

My samsung galaxy s3 always show massage unfortunately, the process stoped .acore has stoped .plz help me

Quote Originally Posted by jm345 View Post
    I am getting this error message frequently: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped."

It seems to have started after the ICS upgrade. What does it mean? is there an issue? Is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstar69 View Post
    Settings --> Applications -->All--> Download Manager --> Clear Data/Cache

Try that............Google is your friend ;o)

My Zoom 32g the process android media has stopped has stopped
    Help

my media and camera is not working after installing beats audio.....even cleared media storage and formatted but problem did not fixed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast