Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstar69 View Post
    What else have you tried?

Default Re: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstar69 View Post
    Settings --> Applications -->All--> Download Manager --> Clear Data/Cache

Try that............Google is your friend ;o)

You make my phone original setting ,error 491 ,media has stop,google play for update

Quote Originally Posted by marioaj View Post
    This video worked for me on the first way (clear data for media storage - which doesn't erase any files )

So, you go to Settings - Application Manager - All - scroll down to Media Storage, click on it, and then click on 'Clear data', and done!
    Thanks alot, worked for me too.

This one worked for me - thanks.

Thanks a lot. It worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by jm345 View Post
    I am getting this error message frequently: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped."

It seems to have started after the ICS upgrade. What does it mean? is there an issue? Is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks
    Go to apps-->disable apps-->enable download manager.. Dats it

hi , what i did was go into settings//storage//apps//all// .. then go into download manager and clear data/catche aswell and disable it. for me it came up with one final message saying "the download manager has stopped" then clicked ok and no more messages came up. hope this was useful .. used on a nexus 10.

Quote Originally Posted by jm345 View Post
    Ok I tried that but I lose auto updating for my apps.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234