"Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

Dhart Lala

May 9, 2014
Visit site
My mobile phone samsung N 3 reflects message on its HOME PAGE ' Unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped'. What does it mean? How can I fix it as the message as I already said is on Home page and as such I am unable to use :(any keys on key board as well as all applications even. Please help me through easy steps immediately. Thanks:

1Ando

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If anyone's still reading these threads...I have a tablet running 4.0. This comes up even after clearing Media storage, Google Play Store, and Framework, and finally Factory data reset. There's no external sd card, and this keeps popping up even when I boot into Safe Mode!

Last edited:

ndidi nwogu

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
This video worked for me on the first way (clear data for media storage - which doesn't erase any files :) )

So, you go to Settings - Application Manager - All - scroll down to Media Storage, click on it, and then click on 'Clear data', and done!
Thanks alot, worked for me too.

Shubham Rajput1

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I am getting this error message frequently: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped."

It seems to have started after the ICS upgrade. What does it mean? is there an issue? Is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks
Go to apps-->disable apps-->enable download manager.. Dats it :p

Declan Y

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
hi , what i did was go into settings//storage//apps//all// .. then go into download manager and clear data/catche aswell and disable it. for me it came up with one final message saying "the download manager has stopped" then clicked ok and no more messages came up. hope this was useful .. used on a nexus 10.

JoachimHaas

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
This solution also worked for me. The problem appeared after an Android firmware update and I got really upset with these messages showing all time, making it almost impossible to use the phone. This simple solution cured the problem 100%. So thanks a lot for sharing the information!

Summer Jean Odom

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

I have a lg dynamic 2 that's giving the same issue. Hard reset didn't solve and can't get into recovery or use anything in the phone at all. it all force closes and gives the erro message. Please help.

praveen_jhansi

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
This video worked for me on the first way (clear data for media storage - which doesn't erase any files :) )

So, you go to Settings - Application Manager - All - scroll down to Media Storage, click on it, and then click on 'Clear data', and done!

Hey it woked for me but clear data has deleted all media files(ringtone,message only. how to restore them ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo