"Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

Enima Danso

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?
what should i do so that i can use my phone i like this phone so march that above problem thus not permite me to enjoy the phone help me:)

Sarah-may Reeve

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
This video worked for me on the first way (clear data for media storage - which doesn't erase any files :) )

So, you go to Settings - Application Manager - All - scroll down to Media Storage, click on it, and then click on 'Clear data', and done!
everything
It delete all my pictures and music thanks a lot

mad_jumper

May 4, 2015
Visit site
To anyone still having trouble with this problem. Here's what fixed it for me:
1) Unmount SD card
2) Go to Settings>Manage Applications>All>Media Storage
3) CLEAR DATA
4) Mount SD card
I had been trying everything that I saw on this thread then I started messing with it on my own trying to figure something out and now I have no problems, all the music and photos on my SD card were fine, so far my applications are untouched and all seems well with the world! Hope this helps anyone still having trouble!
THANK YOU SO MUCH MUCH!!! You saved my life!!! Really!!

Paul Michael2

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
i have the same exact message screen pop up and i keep pressing ok and it keeps coming up i cant go to click on any other thing including the settings. i tried to turn it off and on a lot of times and it always loads up like normal and that message comes up. how do i get rid of that message popping up.

magnia

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I experienced this problem whilst attempting a system update on a tablet (Presitigio Multipad4) running an old version of Android which I think is what caused the error (botched system update).

The problem was so bad on this tablet, that the error was flashing up literally every SECOND with the OK button and it was very difficult to navigate settings or do anything whilst their error was ocurring.

Using the "reset" pin hole on the tablet, rebooting etc, all had no effect.

The only thing I was able to do, and which others in this situation might find help is this...

Go into settings, go to "Backup/Reset" and select "Factory data reset" option under Personal Data. You will see a screen with one button "Erase Everythng". Clicking that will erase all the apps, updates, personal data etc, and restore the tablet back to it's original factory state (i.e. clean and working fine again).

Note: This is a drastic FINAL RESORT step (if you have personal data) so I would remove your SD card first, and hopefully you will have backups of your photos/contacts etc on Cloud or another service or your SD media.

Once the Erase Everything procedure is completed, the tablet will automatically reboot itself and you should be presented with the "Setup" Android screen (like when you first received the tablet, you need to setup language, time/date, WiFi, accounts etc).

Tip: It is VERY difficult even to perform this procedure (and get into settings) if like me, you get the error flashing up every second. I found two things which might be helpful to anyone in total despair out there:

1) When you reboot the tablet (before the Erase Everything and whilst the error is going) the error is slow to begin with (the intervals at which it re-appears) so don't waste time, go straight to settings the quickest way possible and scroll down quickly.

2) Perseverance is KEY, and being QUICK at pressing the options you need, after clicking OK to get the error message out of the way. The system won't do ANYTHING whilst the error message and OK button is there. You literally have MILISECONDS to click OK and use the tablet. Just keep at it, and you will succeed!

Hope that's helpful, finally after almost giving up, and 2 hours later, I have a functional, fast tablet, reset back to factory settings.

gauravsanjay

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I have samsung galaxy note 2.
I developed this problem after i changed sim s in China. I think because google is banned some files got corrupted.
Any ways this problem was really bugging me. and finally what worked for me was:

1) Unmount SD card ; you scan with chkdisk
2) Go to Settings>Manage Applications>All>Media Storage
3) CLEAR DATA
4) Mount SD card
I had been trying everything that I saw on this thread then I started messing with it on my own trying to figure something out and now I have no problems, all the music and photos on my SD card were fine, so far my applications are untouched and all seems well with the world! Hope this helps anyone still having trouble!

Thanks a ton! I was loosing hope wheteher the phone would restore to its original state or not but persistance finally paid off

billionz

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Constantly appearance of process android process media has stopped how can I resolve it.it is unplesant to play even music from the phone

jdjdjshshsh

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I think I deleted something on my android phone and every 3 seconds it pops up saying that error message but I've done everything like factory reset and all these suggestions and I have no idea what to do because I can't type or do anything

warren down

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Try uninstalling the app that's causing the problem. Then reinstall it. I had a problem with my Kindle app on my Acer tablet. When I did this it all came back. Good luck.

sandilya

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I was getting the error and solved it now.
What worked for me is this
Settings >>> Apps/Apps Manager >>> All >>> Media Storage
and then clear data/cache

If this option doesn't work for you, then you can also try be restoring the factory settings.

ganesh prime

May 2, 2017
Visit site
my phone is yureka plus yu 5510 i hav tried all the solutions for the error unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped ,but the problem is comming again and again in seconds.please tell me the solutions

Mister_Pink

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Having this issue here. I've exhausted everything.

1. I've gone to recovery mode and cleared the partition cache.
2. Disabled/re-enabled various things like Download Manager and Media Manger, clearing data and caches.
3. Reset to factory defaults.
5. Plugged in to PC did a scan for virus with Panda, none detected.

This must be an issue with the actual OS. Because if it's happening after a factory reset, it must be a Android error, probably due to recent update?

If I cant get it to run after Factory Reset what hope do I have? I can't download apps, camera isn't working. The phone is is essentially bricked.

Please, is there anybody that got this error after a factory reset and managed to fix it?

leblancjg

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I was having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I tried a few things that didn't work:

- Methods 1 and 2 in this post: https://appuals.com/android-process-media-has-stopped/ made no difference and caused my Google Play app to not be able to access its database, so I had no control over my apps
- Clearing the data from the Media Storage app (see a comment few posts above where someone had success with that) - the message continued, and all the photos on my phone dissappeared
- Steps 1 and 3 in this post - https://www.easeus.com/resource/accidentally-cleared-media-storage.html - the message continued

What did work:

- Step 2 in the post https://www.easeus.com/resource/accidentally-cleared-media-storage.html - although I only checked and unchecked those google sync services that were not about my calendar, contacts, email or people (after losing my photos, I wasn't confident something wouldn't dissappear) - but it worked - no more of that annoying message

Now I have to get my photos back - I'm trying step 4 in the same post. I hope it works. :)

Best of luck!

Having this issue here. I've exhausted everything.

1. I've gone to recovery mode and cleared the partition cache.
2. Disabled/re-enabled various things like Download Manager and Media Manger, clearing data and caches.
3. Reset to factory defaults.
5. Plugged in to PC did a scan for virus with Panda, none detected.

This must be an issue with the actual OS. Because if it's happening after a factory reset, it must be a Android error, probably due to recent update?

If I cant get it to run after Factory Reset what hope do I have? I can't download apps, camera isn't working. The phone is is essentially bricked.

Please, is there anybody that got this error after a factory reset and managed to fix it?