Please help if you can....

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
My Sammy has completely stop working. It will no longer connect to Wifi. I have the wifi only version and it just stop working. It will not pick up ANY wifi at all. Can some please help me? I cant even do a factory reset cause I cant delete my samsung account I need a Internet connection for that!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't need to delete your Samsung account. Hard reset it, then log back into your Google and Samsung accounts to see if it's fixed. If it's not you can root it and try another ROM to see if that fixes it. If that doesn't fix it you're probably looking at hardware failure and will need to replace the unit.

Good luck!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for responding it you helped me out big time!! A hard reset worked just figured out how to do it this morning. Few hour's on the Internet and finally found a video showing how to do a hard reset.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got my Sammy to come back and it now recognize my home Wifi again but now i noticed it will now not recognize any free wifi hotspots. Tried to take the tablet back to have a new one sent to me per my service agreement with Best Buy but found out i will be without my tablet for 2 to 3 weeks. I need my tablet so if this issue can be fixed then I need all the help I can get!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Correct and i tried putting it end. Nothing.... cant even get wifi at Panera or Mcdonalds. The factory reset didnt even erase of wifi networks there still there!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
In wifi settings /advanced there should be a display open networks toggle. Make sure it is set properly. I'm pretty sure the saved networks are stored on the sdcard partition. That would make them immune from the factory reset.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
It set to notifiy me when there is an open network. Thats whats baffling me why it no longer pick them up. I have seen it say open networks available but when I open it nothing is displayed.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I un clicked it to see what it says and now it showing me closed networks just no open network. So i know the card cant be messed up.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
No I only see secured networks. If i try to connect it ask for the password. Open networks are still not showing even though i know of 2 near me right now. when i took it to best buy this morning even there open network didnt show but it showed there secured network and connected.
Now isnt that backwards....

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you root the device and install custom firmware? Download wifi analyzer from the play Store (is free) and see if they'll show up there. Please report back.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
No root. I will try the wifi analyzer and let you know. Ive been wondering if maybe some places my MAC address is not recognized or being blocked.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt you're being blocked. I wish my tab 10.1 was still stock. Make sure your frequency band is set to auto in wifi/advanced.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded wifi analyzer it picked up both free and secured. Went into my wifi setting and it started showing up there too. Don't know why it wasn't showing networks before the download of the analyzer. I will say when the analyzer is displaying the networks a few times Ive went into my settings and there was nothing. Then it would pop up then go out repeatedly.
I REALLY appreciate your help by the way!!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes third party solutions can help "remind" your stock ones how to work properly. Plus, that app is really handy to have around anyway.

I'm glad I could help you out. If you need anything else, just ask.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey Scott just wanted to say im still up and running and my tablet still working and picking up all Wifi. Thanks a billion for taking the time to help me with my issue!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums