Getting stuff off Tab
Ok - I have a Tab 10.1 P-7510 that I got a couple of years ago and like it fine but wanted to upgrade so got the Note 10.1 2014 (it's a great machine by the way). Anyway, I have some files (text, pics) and some apps (a game and a secure photo app) that I want to get off the Tab and put on the Note but can't figure out how to do it. I've tried DropBox and AirDroid. I've tried to plug the Tab, via usb cable, to my MacBook Air to put the stuff on there and then put it on my Note. The apps don't show up as files.I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what to do. I've got the Tab sold so want to get the stuff off and re-set it to factory settings. Any and all help would be appreciated.
- 03-08-2014, 02:52 PM #2
Re: Getting stuff off Tab
Apps need to be installed from the source (usually Google Play, or some other 3rd party appstore like Amazon Appstore). If you installed them yourself from Google Play using your own Google account, then when you set up your new tablet with that same Google account, you can download and install those same apps easily (and without paying again). You can't transfer an app directly from one device to another, because that would potentially lead to piracy of apps.
Documents and picture files are more easily transferred. The easiest way would be to upload them to cloud services like Google Drive or Dropbox, but you can also hook up the tablet to a computer and transfer them, as long as you know which folder to look in. With a Mac, I believe you have to use Android File Transfer. Keep in mind that not all folders may be visible when hooking up via USB--it's usually the folders that contain media files that you can see on your computer.
- By Gevio WhiteWizard in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 07-22-2015, 01:47 PM
- By Hagstrom in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2014, 04:01 AM
- By bobniborg in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 03-11-2014, 05:02 PM
- By Dr_Droid in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
- By leny123 in forum Other Sony Android PhonesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-08-2014, 03:08 PM