new, thinner 8.9 & 10.1 galaxy tab's

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
These look awesome. They are lighter, thinner, and more competitively priced! I think that they both have been priced right. Motorola, LG, and the others need to learn from Samsung. It comes out June so I have plenty of time to save up. Can't wait! And I am actually liking the Samsung UX skin.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry XOOM... I'm done waiting for you. Thinner, Lighter, Better Priced Samsung tabs now have my attention.

Never been a fan of custom UI's but this blurb from another android site has me less worry about TouchWiz:

Another big talking point was the software Samsung?s included on top of Android 3.0. They?re calling it TouchWiz 4.0, of course, but it?s not as bad as you might imagine. It?s a user experience more than it is a user interface as they?ve only included own-built applications and widgets that you remove and add as you wish.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
there was a "call setting" option in the settings menu. does this have a microphone? does anyone know if you can turn off touchwiz and go with the stock honeycomb?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Looks good. The prices are great! Hear that Motorola.

I wish it did not have the Samsung UI, but no doubt the units will be rooted and be able to run generic Honeycomb within days of release.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry XOOM... I'm done waiting for you. Thinner, Lighter, Better Priced Samsung tabs now have my attention.

Never been a fan of custom UI's but this blurb from another android site has me less worry about TouchWiz:

That's good news.

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Its not just applications and widgets, Samsung skinned parts of Honeycomb. So when updates come along to Honeycomb, how long will it take Samsung to skin the updates then for it to be pushed to these devices?

I was really excited until I heard about touchwiz

bbasiaga

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So how did the whole thing shake out with the micro SD slot? It read a comment on the story on the main page that you had to have a 'connection kit' to attach and SD card, but some of the other sites are reporting there is a slot in the device.

Is this a difference between the US version and the overseas versions? If there is no card slot, that is a major drawback to this device. Xoom, though I feel a bit overpriced, is nice in that it has a card slot (which hopefully will be working soon) and non-proprietary usb and HDMI ports.

-Brian

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does come with a SD slot built in. The Galaxy Tab 10.1V (for Vodafone) doesn't have an SD card slot and it was the one shown at MWC, it is thicker and weighs more but doesn't come with any bloeatware. The USS versions have Samsung TouchWiz and have an SD card slot and are thinner and weigh less. Also the back camera on the 10.1V is 8mp while the US is 3mp.

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Did I understand correctly -- for the 8.9 version, the tab will be able to serve as a host device to a USB thumb drive?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol