Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Tegra Dual Core Processor?

I noticed today that the samsung galaxy tab (8.9 and 10.1) have no TEGRA dual core processor. It just says "1GHZ Dual Core Processor." So I'm Guessing there is a Dual core Snapdragon in it? And if it does, can I still play all the Tegra games? (Vendetta, Galaxy on Fire 2, Monster Madness, etc.)
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Google

Well Samsung may use their own Exynos processors or they might go with the Tegra 2. I think they will do this just like they are going to do with the GS2, Tegra in some regions and Exynos in others. If there is no Tegra then I think dual-core games will work just fine with it.
    Parker9706 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10 KANG

It will more than likely be Tegra 2 as that is the baseline for Honeycomb. It seems Google was very strict with who could use Honeycomb and what hardware was required.

Perhaps they had wind of the news today that Nvidia is no longer supporting the tegra 2 processor with updated drives, and decided to go a separate way. This news is quite surprising and I hope somewhat misunderstood. The article is up on the main news page of this site.

-Brian
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think Baconator is right, I forgot that Samsung makes their own processors.