I've officially returned my XOOM

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I have officially returned my XOOM to it's home at Costco in preparation for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 I'm really excited and hope it comes out June 8th with some carrier versions! Now, I just have to learn to live again without a tablet...

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy is much thinner and much lighter, and that makes all the difference to me, especially when reading. Everyone with a Tab 10.1 from I/O says it should have been the first Honeycomb tablet. As for Wifi only version, the Tab 10.1 and the XOOM both will/do.

Reactions: Chrisy

petemichigan

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Xoom Return

I have officially returned my XOOM to it's home at Costco in preparation for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 I'm really excited and hope it comes out June 8th with some carrier versions! Now, I just have to learn to live again without a tablet...

How long did you have your Xoom before taking it back? Did they fuss with you? I got mine a week after it came out (late February) and I'd love to get the Galaxy 10.1 or the Flyer instead. I assumed that after a month and 3 weeks the folks at Costco would never take the Xoom back.

Thanks,

Pete

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How long did you have your Xoom before taking it back? Did they fuss with you? I got mine a week after it came out (late February) and I'd love to get the Galaxy 10.1 or the Flyer instead. I assumed that after a month and 3 weeks the folks at Costco would never take the Xoom back.

Thanks,

Pete

Costco has a 90 day no questions asked on all electronics. Never tried after the 90 but as long as you are is easy and simple to return. My xoom is going back this weekend so I can get the Tab 10.1. Both are wifi only but tab is lighter and thinner and the screen on the xoom has a horrendous glare. Haven't scene tab screen but can't be worse than xoom screen.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Thanks,

Pete

If you're within 90 days at Costco and have the receipt, they'll take it back. I was at 82 days, I believe lol. I'm gonna buy my Tab 10.1 there, too!

Galaxy tab maybe lighter but it doesn't have HDMI,SD, or USB. Big failure

I used the HDMI on my XOOM once...on the first day I got it. Haven't since.

Never used the SD on my XOOM because it didn't work...no loss there lol. (And I think the shipping versions may have an SD slot, right? Either way, 32GB model for me!)

USB will be through Samsung's proprietary port which is not optimal but still is USB.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Read this review from tabletpc. It states that there isn't HDMI,SD,or USB slots
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 First Look Review

As I said, there will be USB but through Samsung's proprietary connector, like the iPad. And no one uses HDMI lol. Never have on my X and did once on my XOOM. Everything streams now. He's basing this article on an I/O version, i've heard the hardware may be different which means an SD card slot. Either way, as I stated, my XOOM didn't have one and it wasn't missed!

Edit: He wasn't exec using an American version. He was using the thicker European version lol. That doesn't even apply.

Last edited:

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
As I said, there will be USB but through Samsung's proprietary connector, like the iPad. And no one uses HDMI lol. Never have on my X and did once on my XOOM. Everything streams now. He's basing this article on an I/O version, i've heard the hardware may be different which means an SD card slot. Either way, as I stated, my XOOM didn't have one and it wasn't missed!

Edit: He wasn't exec using an American version. He was using the thicker European version lol. That doesn't even apply.

True enough he is talking about the vodafone 10.1 tab, but can you find me where it says the new model does include those things. You keep saying the I/O google version is different. Why would Samsung release a version that doesn't have all the ports. Just don't make sense. And another thing, samsung is a copy cat to I pad. Whatever the I pad has so does the galaxy tab 10.1 externally

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
According to Engadget, Wi-Fi version will come without microSD, while 3G version MIGHT have microSD but this is yet to be seen.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
True enough he is talking about the vodafone 10.1 tab, but can you find me where it says the new model does include those things. You keep saying the I/O google version is different. Why would Samsung release a version that doesn't have all the ports. Just don't make sense. And another thing, samsung is a copy cat to I pad. Whatever the I pad has so does the galaxy tab 10.1 externally

Just read the Engadget review to become educated, they just posted it. Seems as thought this tablet is even better than the holy iPad 2. Seems like you don't want that to happen ;) As I stated numerous time to you, HDMI is not important to me (even though they'll release a dongle for use through their 30-pin connector), SD cards are most likely going to be available, and USB functionality IS THERE lol...you can't get that through your thick skull...

This is going to be the best Android tablet to date and I can't wait to buy one.

SteveIowa

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
This Tablet is sick! :D I think this could be a warmed over European version? The way the wall adapter is set up to 'accept' a US plug. Also, while going into 'Search for updates' There is only options for European countries. Strange, to be sure. :-\

Viralwhite

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Well... I have returned my Acer A500. I'm a bit surprised in myself, but on the same note I will admit that it was an impulse buy originally. Originally I went in thinking about buying the Xoom, not even knowing about the A500. Went ahead and purchased the A500 before I was even aware of the Galaxy tab.

Anyways, I feel good about this return and look forward to my purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

On another note, has anyone heard/read about where it will be sold at when it launches? Just want to make sure Verizon wont have it exclusively. Probably going to finance it through Best Buy. Thanks for the help!

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site

good choice the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 looks a lot better than the Xoom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol