For those considering galaxy tab

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Was considering buying a galaxy tab myself until I read this http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/05/27/coming-unstuck-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-special-edition-tablets-experiencing-screen-defects/. Hopefully they have these issues resolved on the model that is about to be released.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
all of the reviews that come out for the Galaxgy Tab I/O i dont care that much because it more like a developer Tab then the final product.

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So this is the tablet that Honeycomb should have been released on? Mock up, prototype, developer tab, final product call it you want, this does not go over good with consumers, especially me, I wanted to check this one out for sure. Some people paid well over 1,000.00 for these on ebay.

Last edited:

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So this is the tablet that Honeycomb should have been released on? Mock up, prototype, developer tab, final product call it you want, this does not go over good with consumers, especially me. Some people paid well over 1,000.00 for these on ebay.

i hope your not one of those that paid over $1,000.00 for it on ebay.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would have went as high as $700.00 for one of these just for the Android graphics on the back, I'm a sucker for this stuff. No I wouldn't pay 1,000.00 let alone plus.

i give you that the back graphics did look nice, plus we just have to wait and see what Samsung says before it's release June 8.

Prince15

May 29, 2011
Visit site
So this is the tablet that Honeycomb should have been released on? Mock up, prototype, developer tab, final product call it you want, this does not go over good with consumers, especially me, I wanted to check this one out for sure. Some people paid well over 1,000.00 for these on ebay.
It was clearly stated on the box "NOT for resale", and the batch of 5000 were handmade to give final design impressions.

Considering the construction process and quality control is entirely different for mass production, there's nothing to be worried about. I still think it was a great idea - definitely built a heck of a storm.

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
It was clearly stated on the box "NOT for resale", and the batch of 5000 were handmade to give final design impressions.

Considering the construction process and quality control is entirely different for mass production, there's nothing to be worried about. I still think it was a great idea - definitely built a heck of a storm.

Where did you get these facts that they were handmade? I'm dying to hear this. Plus quality control would be much more controlled over 5,000 Units apposed to hundreds of thousands, unless you're saying that poor little kids in sweat shops actually built these under their harsh mandatory labor laws.

Last edited:

dblake15

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I think my problem is the TouchWiz. Samsung is notorious for not upgrading their devices and making you buy the newest if you want the latest and greatest. I have the Xoom and was thinking about trading it in for the size of the 10.1. But now I am not so sure. If it was pure Google than maybe, but think the Xoom takes this one.

Prince15

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get these facts that they were handmade? I'm dying to hear this. Plus quality control would be much more controlled over 5,000 Units apposed to hundreds of thousands, unless you're saying that poor little kids in sweat shops actually built these under their harsh mandatory labor laws.
I have no confirmed source - I read it on a developer blog or forum. It does make sense though, as the final product is a bit different in terms of the software and backplate. I doubt they quality controlled at all, as the product was a free giveaway.

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have no confirmed source - I read it on a developer blog or forum. It does make sense though, as the final product is a bit different in terms of the software and backplate. I doubt they quality controlled at all, as the product was a free giveaway.

Do you still have the blog or forum? Don't sweat it if you don't.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Why would they not quality control? This is a much anticipated product that was going to a select few. They would have to know that reviews of this limited edition would soon be all over the internet, so why slap something together, shove it in a box and say "Here you go"? No one knows for sure what caused this, whether it was bad glue, a rush job or whatever.
If I was Samsung, I would tearing open some of the soon to be released boxes and checking to see if this was a widespread issue or just an isolated incident.

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Why would they not quality control? This is a much anticipated product that was going to a select few. They would have to know that reviews of this limited edition would soon be all over the internet, so why slap something together, shove it in a box and say "Here you go"? No one knows for sure what caused this, whether it was bad glue, a rush job or whatever.
If I was Samsung, I would tearing open some of the soon to be released boxes and checking to see if this was a widespread issue or just an isolated incident.

Exactly, this should have been flawless but instead you have the glass coming out of it's frame,and the number is climbing amongst these limited editions. I almost bought one of these IO tablet and glad I didn't. If you think this type of publicity does not effect sales, you'd be dead wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL