1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Tab 10.1 pre-orders begin June 8th

Yay! How awesome is this?

I plan on buying it day one out-right, with a month to month data plan.
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

How much are the data plans? I thought these things were supposed to be subsidized on a contract. Price seems a bit high compared to the wifi versions.

I just sold my iPad 2 last weekend and I am looking forward to picking up a Galaxy Tab 10.1. I will probably wait till the reviews pour in to see if there are any issues.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So where is the Verizon pre-order?

Any news from Verizon about pre-orders? I thought they were going to start today...

I called. They will take them over the phone but I still don't see anything on the web. Not sure why.

Also, they don't have any info on the full retail price still if you don't want to buy with a 2 year contract. The guy I spoke with called his "district manager" or something like that but still couldn't get an answer. He said he would call and e-mail as soon as he heard something. I called through my company's account since I get a corporate discount. Of course, he said he'd be surprised if he didn't have the info by 3pm EST and it's now 4pm EST.

He also mentioned that up until yesterday they weren't sure if they were going to release today still or not. I am not sure what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    I just sold my iPad 2 last weekend and I am looking forward to picking up a Galaxy Tab 10.1. I will probably wait till the reviews pour in to see if there are any issues.
    Out of curiosity, why did you sell the iPad to get the Tab?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

I've had my iPad since launch day (April '10) and I have loved it since. It meets all the requirements I have, which are: movies for travel, web at home and work, and slingplayer. But I will admit, since I've gotten into android, I have become slightly bored with my iPad. Ever since I first saw this Tab, I have been drooling for it. The wife "claims" I don't need it, so I won't be getting one anytime soon. I would trade my iPad in a heartbeat for one of these though
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

I never heard back from the Verizon rep today and I still haven't seen the pre-order page go up. I also found a link that theorizes that this may now be delayed until July since even though they may take pre-orders via phone, they never announced when it would be available. It seems like all the Verizon LTE devices get delayed.

I ended up going to Best Buy and pre-ordering the WIFI 32 GB version. They didn't even know if I could do that since I was the only person to ask today at about 5 minutes to closing.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by piperp View Post
    I never heard back from the Verizon rep today and I still haven't seen the pre-order page go up. I also found a link that theorizes that this may now be delayed until July since even though they may take pre-orders via phone, they never announced when it would be available. It seems like all the Verizon LTE devices get delayed.

I ended up going to Best Buy and pre-ordering the WIFI 32 GB version. They didn't even know if I could do that since I was the only person to ask today at about 5 minutes to closing.
    Yeah, seems like there's a delay on...something. I may buy the wifi version at Costco next week to hold me over.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

It was announced last week that the VZW LTE Tab would arrive "this summer," so I don't think many believed it would be out the same time as the wifi version
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.