No USB connection nor adapter???

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking into getting a Samsung Galaxy 10.1, but if it can't allow for USB connectivity then I may have to pass.
I know the device does not have a USB port itself, but I don't mind getting an adapter.

I went to Samsung's website, and a USB adapter is not listed as one of the choices.
The accessories are located at the bottom of the page by going to this link:
Features and Specifications - Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 (Wi-Fi Only) – 32GB Metallic Gray | Samsung Mobile

I also watched "Samsung Unveils GALAXY Tab 10.1 and GALAXY Tab 8.9" on YouTube.
The display states that the USB adapter will only be available for the 8.9 version ONLY.
Here's the video link. It'll be at the 23:00 mark of the video.
YouTube - ‪Samsung Unveils GALAXY Tab 10.1 and GALAXY Tab 8.9‬‏

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This particular blog states that it will have USB properties by using the USB connector, but it will only allow for the device to be a client & not a host. So plugging it up to a PC will allow you to transfer files to & from your PC & Tab, but it won't allow you to transfer files t0 & from your Tab to an external hard drive.

Here's the link:
USB connectivity of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Can anyone clarify if this is the case.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This particular blog states that it will have USB properties by using the USB connector, but it will only allow for the device to be a client & not a host. So plugging it up to a PC will allow you to transfer files to & from your PC & Tab, but it won't allow you to transfer files t0 & from your Tab to an external hard drive.

Here's the link:
USB connectivity of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Can anyone clarify if this is the case.

This is pre Honeycomb 3.1. I know there are supposed to be SD card readers too. But in reality most data will be stored in the cloud.