16 or 32 GB.. which one did you get?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn between the 16 or 32 GB.

Since it can't accept an SDcard for memory upgrade, I'm wondering if 16 GB will be enough
or should I up it to the 32 GB model.

It does have the option to add an external USB adapter that will accept a USB jump drive.
A 16 GB jump drive runs around $20 or so. In doing so, I could get the extra 16 GB of memory for $20, rather than paying the extra $100 bucks for the 32 GB model.

After my SDcard in my phone died & loosing all of my files, I'm leaning toward using the Cloud a lot more.
If so, perhaps a 16 GB model will be more than enough.

Which one are you all getting?
The 16 or 32 GB?

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
if i do get it, it'll be 32 GB. hell, 64 would be awesome, but i think 32 will be enough. I have almost 32 gb filled on my iPad, but I feel like I can work with that amount of space. have a lot of videos and things that i could swap in and out as needed. 16 gb would be tough though.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have to also keep in mind that the OS takes up space too.
When I had my Acer Iconia, I think I recall it saying that I had 11 GB of space left I could use for storage.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're factoring price for a 16 GB thumb drive, you also have to factor in price for the adapter, which isn't known yet, but will probably be around $30... So for an extra $50-60 you can expand your GBs that way, or spring for the 32 GB model and not have to worry about adapters and drives

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If you're factoring price for a 16 GB thumb drive, you also have to factor in price for the adapter, which isn't known yet, but will probably be around $30... So for an extra $50-60 you can expand your GBs that way, or spring for the 32 GB model and not have to worry about adapters and drives

That's a good point, but I planned on getting the adapter anyway.
I can use it to transfer the files from the jump drive at work.

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
For $100 I added the extra 16GB and got the 32GB version..

If I don't like it I think more people will be willing to buy a slightly used 32GB version

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered a 32GB model. With no SD card, I figured I'll better go with 32. I plan on putting movies on this, and with the HD quality this tablet supports, the movie files are going to be larger than say the ones that are on my Atrix. For the lower res of the Atirx a typical movie is about 500MBs (at least at the quality level I enjoy). So I can see a movie file size for the tablet being 1GB easy...

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Since I'm not a big movie watcher, most of my files will be documents & pictures.
I'm really thinking of putting those on the could, so that should free up space.
If I do watch a movie, I will probably keep a few on the device.
Once I've watched those, I will most likely swap them out with other movies to see.
$100 don't seem like much, but I'd hate to pay that knowing this tablet will be old technology soon.
Especially with the new Tegra chips coming out.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm not a big movie watcher, most of my files will be documents & pictures.
I'm really thinking of putting those on the could, so that should free up space.
If I do watch a movie, I will probably keep a few on the device.
Once I've watched those, I will most likely swap them out with other movies to see.
$100 don't seem like much, but I'd hate to pay that knowing this tablet will be old technology soon.
Especially with the new Tegra chips coming out.

i'll be get the 10.1 and maybe i'l wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation Galaxy Tab. just like i'm doing with my 3rd generation iPodTouch.

tprevett

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yehaww.. Just pre-ordered a 32gb grey from Best Buy, Avon, Ohio.. Better be there on the 17th! I can finally return this god-forsaken Ipad 2 to the same Best Buy! (Bought it after my Asus Transformer that Best Buy delivered had a factory defect (Blue sharpie line about 2.5 inches long on the underside of the digitizer glass) I hope the quality is as good as My Galaxy Tab 7.. which I just shipped out due to an ebay sale.. :)

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
Personally, when it comes to tech, I always get one step above what I think I'll need right away. In my case, I'd go with the 32GB. That said, if you're going to make use of the cloud, not store movies on the Tab regularly, and buy the USB adapter, I'd say you'd do fine with the 16GB - especially if you think you'll want to upgrade in a year or so anyways.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Went ahead and pre-ordered the 16 GB version. Since this won't be replacing my laptop, I might be OK. After having a hard drive to crash, and a micro SDcard to fail, I don't want to strike out 3 times.
I'm putting most of my files on the Cloud with Google Docs, Dropbox, YouTube, & SugarSync.
I will probably up my Google storage space to 80 GB. That's $20/year. If I compare that to the $100 I would have spent for the 32 GB model, I will now have 80 GB of cloud storage for at least 5 years. I know for sure this device will be obsolete in 5 years. My data won't.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I pre-ordered the 16gb version.

I still haven't filled up my stock 8 GB microSD card on my Evo and on my Xoom I only have 4GB used. With google music and the cloud I think I will struggle to fill up all 16gb. I would rather spend that $100 on a case, mouse and keyboard.

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I went with the 32GB version. I would have gone with the 16GB if there was a micro SD card slot. Without it, I didn't want to be in a position down the road where I was wishing I went with the 32GB model.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1