1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Galaxy Tab USB Adapter

Does anyone know whether or not the USB adapter for the Tab listed on Samsung's website will work with a portable external drive just as the Western Digital Passport? Thanks!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

If the drive has external power I would think it should work just fine
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

The other tablets do. I hope the same goes for the tab.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

I wonder whether the USB via the Galaxy Tab provides any power? I returned the iconia today due to insane wifi connectivity issues and am searching for a viable replacement. I believe the USB port on the iconia was able to do so. Played with the galaxy at union square, the thing is absolutely incredible.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've got a 4G LTE USB data card through work and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I could use that with the Galaxy 10.1 via USB port adapter. If not, I may wait until Verizon's version comes out (with SD slot, perhaps?).

Any idea if it is possible to attach a camera via usb to upload the pictures onto the GTab?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by anthonylokrn View Post
    Any idea if it is possible to attach a camera via usb to upload the pictures onto the GTab?
    That's the general idea
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

Quote Originally Posted by kyopoboy View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've got a 4G LTE USB data card through work and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I could use that with the Galaxy 10.1 via USB port adapter. If not, I may wait until Verizon's version comes out (with SD slot, perhaps?).
    This would be more dependent on whether HoneyComb 3.1 would support that, right?