Metallic grey Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is stunning

belogical

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the 32GB WiFi version at Best Buy. If you are considering getting one, try to get the one with the metallic grey back. It is simply stunning and feels much better than I would imagine the white plastic one feels.

Other than that - your questions, give me thems.

Agreed! I was on the edge about getting one. So glad i did!

dlord369

May 25, 2010
Visit site
grey is ggggrrrrrreeeeeeaaattttttttt!

+1 to the grey. It does feel great in the hand. So much so that I decided to only get a screen protector and not put this beauty in a full case.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, now that I have my Tab, the grey really is amazing. And it has such a nicer feel than the white one I played with.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree i played with the white and the grey. I must admit the grey makes you say "holy sh**, this is nice!!!" coming from a xoom i am extremely satisfied. I wasnt comfortable holding the xoom for long periods of time because it was so heavy. I played with this device for 3 hours yesterday and it never got uncomfortable.

signed EXTREMELY satisfied customer

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
i love the grey i really do. i dont like white because it shows everything. when i picked it up and talked a lady into buying the same device i noticed samsung doesnt mark the boxes grey or white. the bb sales guy had a horrible time running around looking for 2 greys. i told him im fine with white if he only found one grey and told him to let her have it. he winded up finding a grey though.

terpdog

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
It's funny, I had the "cannot log into samsung error" was told by tier 3 that it would need to be reflashed so take it back. Went to BB this morning and they have a ton of white ones but not a single Grey in 32GB.

9-X

May 2, 2011
Visit site
i love the grey i really do. i dont like white because it shows everything. when i picked it up and talked a lady into buying the same device i noticed samsung doesnt mark the boxes grey or white. the bb sales guy had a horrible time running around looking for 2 greys. i told him im fine with white if he only found one grey and told him to let her have it. he winded up finding a grey though.

Does this mean that you don't know if your getting a grey or while one when you buy?
Say it ain't so!

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Does this mean that you don't know if your getting a grey or while one when you buy?
Say it ain't so!

Sure you do, you just need to compare the SKU's. I can't remember which is which, but there is a way to tell.

On another note, I just got mine today. I've had the Transformer for not even a week, but the Samsung display is enough to win me over. While a tad contrasty, I can have my brightness on half and its still brighter than my Transformer, side by side. Great stuff.....

BTW I am in no way shape or form discounting the Transformer, especially since its $100 cheaper. Both are great options. But for me, the TF101 is going back. (I was taking it back to exchange it anyway because of light-bleed).

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
i just bought the grey as well. if you look at the back with light reflecting off it, do u see anything small bumps or ripples in the plastic, more so on the upper half. i have them on mine. they are small and u must look carefully with the light hitting the back at the right angle, but 600 bucks i don't think u should notice this. thanks for any responses.

I have one very small bump (seems like it may be from the mold) on one side of the back of my tab, but it's so small and I never notice it during use, so I decided to forget about it. Thanks for reminding me! :)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Can we get more pictures of this metallic grey? I was in bb today and they only had white and i was almost thinking of settling, but i originally wanted the grey. Pictures will help me make a decisions.

Thanks!

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Can we get more pictures of this metallic grey? I was in bb today and they only had white and i was almost thinking of settling, but i originally wanted the grey. Pictures will help me make a decisions.

Thanks!

Don't settle for the white! The grey has a nice "brushed" texture so it isn't glossy like the white one is, and the bezel is more of a gunmetal color rather than aluminum

Reactions: Joe the Insider

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

I can take more, but I am not really sure what you want. I think the current pic I have up now is pretty good but what are you looking for exactly?