Convince me to return Transformer for Tab 10.1

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Been using a Nook Color rooted running cm7. I got the 16g Transformer yesterday. I am very impressed. Very fast. The big deal for me is the $399 price tag and I can slap in a 32g micro sd card. I don't care about the HDMI out or keyboard docking.

I got to handle the Tab 10.1 today. Again, very impressed. Thin and light. Very fast. No Micro SD Card slot so I'd have to buy a 32g.....$200 more than the Transformer. So thinner and lighter are the only advantages I can see for me. Is that worth $200?

Then there's the Toshiba tab coming out soon.

This is just like going to Pizza Hut for All You Can Eat lunch Buffet. I'm scared to fill up my plate thinking they may bring out something better just before I finish eating what I've got.

Any pearls of wisdom to be had here?

Joey

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
That's a decision only you can make. If it were me I would keep the Transformer because the loss of micro SD and docking option wouldn't be worth it to me for the gain of thinner and lighter ecpecially for $200. That being said I hope the Galaxy Tab 10.1 sells like gangbusters because that will help the whole Honeycomb ecosystem.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got my transformer yesterday too. I had an iPad2, so I've done the thin and light. I think the transfomer is a good a balance of features, with lightness. Its by no means heavy...

I think if you have no plans to get the dock, which I have and like very much, then consider the Tab. I still don't even know if I will keep mine. However, I am liking it very much so far.

That's a decision only you can make. If it were me I would keep the Transformer because the loss of micro SD and docking option wouldn't be worth it to me for the gain of thinner and lighter ecpecially for $200. That being said I hope the Galaxy Tab 10.1 sells like gangbusters because that will help the whole Honeycomb ecosystem.

Amen to that!