Problem with update check sign-in

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. I tried adding the Samsung account in the settings but get a Processing Failed message when I enter my information there.

I don't want to return my Tab just because of this. Wouldn't Samsung be able to provide a download from their website that you could manually apply to fix such an issue rather than causing you to return it? I'll wait and see what happens.

I tried convincing Samsung's level 3 support to let me reflash my own tablet but they wouldn't. They said I needed to send it to them to be flashed or exchange it at Best Buy. Don't forget, I think Best Buy will only swap it for 14 days.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. It won't allow me delete and won't allow me create a new one because it says there is already a Samsung acct.

piperp

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Strange, I just tried again to add the account in the Accounts and Sync settings. It now let me sign in with my account without getting the Processing Failed message.

The only difference is that I had just opened the Samsung Apps app for the first time and accepted their license agreements. Maybe that made a difference?

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I did to fix the problem:

Go to settings and manage applications.

Force stop the Samsung Account and then clear data.

Open the Samsung Apps app and it will ask you to log in again.

I've rebooted twice and didn't get the error either time.

Reactions: c-loo and charley

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Phew mine worked when I did it. I also unchecked auto update I want to manually do it in case the samsung touchwiz or whatever its called sucks.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site

I tried all that, rebooted, and still tells me "Wrong Password". On Samsung Apps, it asked me to sign in again and that went well.

This seems to be an intermittent problem, it's not affecting everyone. And some of those who previously couldn't log on can now log on.

The question is, how is this not being able to sign on going to affect system updates?

According to previous posts on this subject, others were told by Samsung to return to Best Buy and get another one. I would like to get this resolved before my 14 days to return at Best Buy are up.

MarcVH

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well. While creating the account, I did hit another glitch: when you create an account (via Samsung's website) it will let you use symbols (not just alphanumeric characters) in your password, but when you try to log in with that password on the Tab it won't even let you try, just complains that symbols aren't allowed.

I changed it to a password with only alphanum, and confirmed that it's right, but trying to add the Samsung account on the tablet gives "wrong password." I tried clearing data from the Samsung app and it didn't change anything. At this point what I'm hoping is that somehow the infrastructure on Samsung's end has an "eventual consistency" model and it'll synchronize and start working at some point.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well. While creating the account, I did hit another glitch: when you create an account (via Samsung's website) it will let you use symbols (not just alphanumeric characters) in your password, but when you try to log in with that password on the Tab it won't even let you try, just complains that symbols aren't allowed.

I changed it to a password with only alphanum, and confirmed that it's right, but trying to add the Samsung account on the tablet gives "wrong password." I tried clearing data from the Samsung app and it didn't change anything. At this point what I'm hoping is that somehow the infrastructure on Samsung's end has an "eventual consistency" model and it'll synchronize and start working at some point.
Yes, I'm hoping something will change on Samsung's side.
I think I'm going back to Best Buy tonight and exchange mine for another one. Hopefully a different one will allow acces and I won't get the "wrong password" again.

What doesn't make sense is why you need to log on for system updates?

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

This worked for me as far as "wrong password and process failed" is concerned but when I checked for updates I got no message that there is or isn't?

Sgaar

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I called Samsung and was told that the account on samsung.com and the one used on the Tab is not the same. It is two seperate accounts (which is odd since i get an error saying that the account exists when using my normal email address) in two seperate systems.

I tried to create a new account on the Tab using a different email address. I got an error when I created it but i was able to log on to the system using it....even with the error shown during creation.

xengrav

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Like many here, I've been persistently trying to get my Samsung account synced to my 10.1 tab.
I've finally succeeded in doing so...

Some background: I had originally created the Samsung account on a PC. I've tried many many times to sync it to my tab, but kept getting the various messages many of you have been seeing (processing failed, invalid password/login, etc.). I did not want to create 'another' Samsung account, and have not done so still.

What finally worked for me: I went to Settings>Applications and Force Stopped then Cleared Cache on the Samsung account. Then I went to Settings>'Accounts & sync' and clicked on "+ Add account" at the top right corner of the screen. It then prompts you to select type of account...I selected Samsung account. I then proceeded to enter my original login and password, which the system finally accepted. My Samsung account is now synced.

Check for software update: Go to Settings>'About tablet'>'System updates'>Update. Click OK. System checks with servers for updates. It then replies "There are no updates" (as of ~1:15a PST, 7/8/11).

So out of several methods of failed attempts, the above steps were able to work for me.

c-loo

May 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for this. I spent a while trying to get this to work. I then tried this,and worked right away.

5h4n3

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I tried all that, rebooted, and still tells me "Wrong Password". On Samsung Apps, it asked me to sign in again and that went well.

This seems to be an intermittent problem, it's not affecting everyone. And some of those who previously couldn't log on can now log on.

The question is, how is this not being able to sign on going to affect system updates?

According to previous posts on this subject, others were told by Samsung to return to Best Buy and get another one. I would like to get this resolved before my 14 days to return at Best Buy are up.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
THis is a 5 year old thread and what you have copied/pasted doesn't make sense. If you want assistance please describe fully the problem you are having. Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21