Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    changes frequently

Default Problem with update check sign-in

I am now unable to check for updates. I clicked check for updates and created the Samsung sign in name as requested. It worked and said no updates available. Then I did a factory reset on the tablet. Now when i try to sign in to check for updates, it says "wrong password". I thought I would just try to create a new sign in name with a new e-mail address but then it tells me the account already exists. Any idea how to reset this thing so I can check for future updates?
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

Go to samsung's website and look for a "Forgot my password" option?
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I've had the same problem, logged into my account on Samsung and using the same password on the device. Says wrong password. I know it isn't.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    changes frequently

Quote Originally Posted by menno View Post
    Go to samsung's website and look for a "Forgot my password" option?
    I tried to use the web site to reset the password. It didn't work for me. I think the web site "account" is different than the "account" created on the tablet. The web site didn't even recognize my e-mail address.
    ptf

ROM
    Stock

When I tried, I was told "Processing Failed"....

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Still no luck, I got to tier 3 support and we did a factory reset and still no luck.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    changes frequently

Quote Originally Posted by ptf View Post
    When I tried, I was told "Processing Failed"....
    I either get "processing failed" when I try to create a new account or sometimes I get "account already exists"
    I have tried several new e-mail addresses and birthdates. No luck. I haven't called Samsung yet.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    changes frequently

Quote Originally Posted by skiddingus View Post
    I either get "processing failed" when I try to create a new account or sometimes I get "account already exists"
    I have tried several new e-mail addresses and birthdates. No luck. I haven't called Samsung yet.
    I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung tech support today. They are unable to resolve the problem. They said the tablet would have to be flashed by them. I swapped it at Best Buy and the new one works fine.

The call to Samsung did confirm something I suspected. The factory reset in the settings menu does not erase everything. They had me try a different type of reset holding the down volume while holding power. It didn't seem to work correctly. I got the nandroid robot and it said downloading but nothing happened. I tried hitting the volume up while the robot was on the screen and the tablet went into a recovery mode looking for an Odin connection.

When the tablet was new the update check worked. After the factory reset, it was dead. I would definitely hesitate before doing another factory reset again.
    ptf

ROM
    Stock

I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung tech support today. They are unable to resolve the problem. They said the tablet would have to be flashed by them. I swapped it at Best Buy and the new one works fine.

The call to Samsung did confirm something I suspected. The factory reset in the settings menu does not erase everything. They had me try a different type of reset holding the down volume while holding power. It didn't seem to work correctly. I got the nandroid robot and it said downloading but nothing happened. I tried hitting the volume up while the robot was on the screen and the tablet went into a recovery mode looking for an Odin connection.

When the tablet was new the update check worked. After the factory reset, it was dead. I would definitely hesitate before doing another factory reset again.
    I tried again yesterday, and I had no problem with the update sign-in.
    Press ALT-F4 to see nudes

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

Is there an update that we need to download right now?
    HTC Rezound, IPad2, and Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I had the exact same problem, and still do. I'm wondering if it is because the bootloader is unlocked. I've never gotten the update check to work(yes my username/password is right). I'll keep it for a little while and if it still doesn't work in a few weeks it will go back or exchanged at Best Buy. I figure it's kinda important to be able to check for updates.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rinnr1 View Post
    Is there an update that we need to download right now?
    Nope. Not yet

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

I had this issue, I was able to solve I by signing into my samsun account through the accounts tab (like where you add another email account) and NOT throughthe check for upgrades section. Hope this helps some others.
    Thanked by:

I had same problem. Tried it a hundred times over the weekend and all of a sudden today it started working.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I was told yesterday 6/20/2011 by tier 3 support to take it back to the store and get a new one.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

I couldn't sign in this weekend either. This morning it worked the 1st time I tried.

Menno's solution worked for me. I added a "samsung" account under the accounts lists, and then was able to perform an update check from that point forward.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasonaward View Post
    Menno's solution worked for me. I added a "samsung" account under the accounts lists, and then was able to perform an update check from that point forward.
    I tried that and wished it worked :-( it's now back at BB and they didn't have any 32GB Grey ones so now I'm going to have to use my iPad1

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

So I need to sign in to register my tab and get future updates? Correct?

I have the same issue. I tried adding the Samsung account in the settings but get a Processing Failed message when I enter my information there.

I don't want to return my Tab just because of this. Wouldn't Samsung be able to provide a download from their website that you could manually apply to fix such an issue rather than causing you to return it? I'll wait and see what happens.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    changes frequently

Quote Originally Posted by piperp View Post
    I have the same issue. I tried adding the Samsung account in the settings but get a Processing Failed message when I enter my information there.

I don't want to return my Tab just because of this. Wouldn't Samsung be able to provide a download from their website that you could manually apply to fix such an issue rather than causing you to return it? I'll wait and see what happens.
    I tried convincing Samsung's level 3 support to let me reflash my own tablet but they wouldn't. They said I needed to send it to them to be flashed or exchange it at Best Buy. Don't forget, I think Best Buy will only swap it for 14 days.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

I have the same problem. It won't allow me delete and won't allow me create a new one because it says there is already a Samsung acct.

Strange, I just tried again to add the account in the Accounts and Sync settings. It now let me sign in with my account without getting the Processing Failed message.

The only difference is that I had just opened the Samsung Apps app for the first time and accepted their license agreements. Maybe that made a difference?

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Here is what I did to fix the problem:

Go to settings and manage applications.

Force stop the Samsung Account and then clear data.

Open the Samsung Apps app and it will ask you to log in again.

I've rebooted twice and didn't get the error either time.
    Thanked by 2:
    c-loocharley 

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

Phew mine worked when I did it. I also unchecked auto update I want to manually do it in case the samsung touchwiz or whatever its called sucks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast