Post your Tab homescreens!

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Since one of these always seems to pop up eventually, I figured I'd kick it off for our shiny new tab 10.1.

Sadly, there is no native way to take screenshot's that I've seen, but you can do it without rooting.

1. First install the USB Drivers for your tab. You can download them Here. You might need to register your product, but you want to do this anyway. Registering will allow you to receive your software updates as well as makes sure your warranty is in effect. (At the current time, the drivers are only available to windows Machines, sorry OSX owners, I'll update this when your drivers show up)

2. Next you'll need the SDK. You can get that Here. This one will take awhile if you haven't done it before. You'll also need some Java tools installed. Don't worry about those right now, if you need them, the install program will give you a link to the website. Find your OS and download.

3. Once you have everything in place, follow Jerry's excellent guide to taking screenshots with the SDK (complete with pictures!)

4. Save the images to your desktop, find your favorite image hosting service and post the links here.

It's not the easiest way to do things, but once you get all the drivers installed, capturing pictures is kinda easy!

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Lockscreen:​
2ltnjgz.png

Homescreen:​
2qs7a4j.png

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand

Wookiee

May 20, 2011
Visit site
lockscreen.jpg

I'm too lazy to mess with the SDK right now, so here's my lockscreen as seen through my phone's camera, heh.

I haven't figured out what homescreen wallpaper to use yet, so I'm using one of the preinstalled images for now.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
How are you guys modding the lockscreen? The stock screen is too disco!
When you click the plus and change your wallpaper you have the option to change both the locksreen and the regular wallpaper.
Where/how did you get the Sense clock/weather widget on your Tab? I am finding that I miss having that now that I've gotten used to having it on my Thunderbolt. Does it have to be rooted?
It?s called fancy widget. I downloaded it a while back before it got pulled from the market. I don?t know how AC treats exchanging apks but I do have it.
Can I ask a dumb question? On this site, which one of the formats, or resolutions are best for the Tab? (Yeah, I'm a newbie here.
I use a high one, I think 1440 or maybe the one higher than that. I use it because I don?t use all of the image. Only the middle and I want that to look good.
I have the same question...
I have an apk from a previous build.
so what do you do after you download one of the images?
Open the gallery app and then on the top right you can assign the picture to your wallpaper.
It doesn't look like this app is available anymore. Did it get pulled for some reason?
I have no idea. I backed mine up from my phone and have been using it for a while. I mentioned having the apk earlier but like I said. I don?t know how android central feels about apks and I don?t want to get banned.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463