Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock JB

Default No movies in Market

The movie rental feature of Android Market is not available for this device, along with the HBO Go app. I was hoping to watch movies on this, has anyone heard of when Market movie rentals might be enabled?

just watch them in the browser

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

At the moment, only radio (3G) honeycomb tablets can rent movies but in a future patch wifi-only models will be able to. "What's more, Samsung's also promising to deliver a number of new features in a "future software upgrade," including the TouchWiz UX that was originally intended to be included on the tablet, and Samsung's Media Hub, which promises "easier downloads of rented or purchased content"

Source:Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 hits US retailers tomorrow, TouchWiz UX coming in future software upgrade -- Engadget

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudtyper View Post
    At the moment, only radio (3G) honeycomb tablets can rent movies but in a future patch wifi-only models will be able to. "What's more, Samsung's also promising to deliver a number of new features in a "future software upgrade," including the TouchWiz UX that was originally intended to be included on the tablet, and Samsung's Media Hub, which promises "easier downloads of rented or purchased content"

Source:Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 hits US retailers tomorrow, TouchWiz UX coming in future software upgrade -- Engadget
    Movies was just released for Wifi Xoom yesterday.
    Need a Dropbox account? Use my referral: http://db.tt/kWXWhEB

pretty lame that this doesn't work out of the gate.
    ptf

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by belogical View Post
    Ask Xoom owners about not working out of the gate.

ptf, ha, true

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belogical View Post
    If you choose to live on the bleeding edge, you'll have to wait for some features. It happens with every new type of device.

I'm pretty sure Google has to update the Market for each new device. Patience. I've heard that Google Movies is half-baked as it is.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk