Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Neutronbomb

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.1.1 stock

Angry Had to exchange my 10.1 already.

So I got my 32gb grey 10.1 yesterday and today I hate to go in and exchange for another one.

I was playing Galaxy on Fire 2 and the game froze up the whole tablet. I had to hold the power button to get the unit to power off and then it would not power back on. I held the power button forever, no dice. Tried plugging it into the wall and the computer...nothing. Let it sit for a while then tried again.. dead.

Went to best buy and luckily they had more so I just exchanged it...now I get to set it all up again yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymil View Post
    So I got my 32gb grey 10.1 yesterday and today I hate to go in and exchange for another one.

I was playing Galaxy on Fire 2 and the game froze up the whole tablet. I had to hold the power button to get the unit to power off and then it would not power back on. I held the power button forever, no dice. Tried plugging it into the wall and the computer...nothing. Let it sit for a while then tried again.. dead.

Went to best buy and luckily they had more so I just exchanged it...now I get to set it all up again yay!
    Did you try power+volume up first? I think thats the combo to force a reset if needed.... my Xoom did that a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
    Did you try power+volume up first? I think thats the combo to force a reset if needed.... my Xoom did that a few times.
    Yeah, you're right about that. Ahh the XOOM... lol
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Neutronbomb

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.1.1 stock

Quote Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post

Yes I tried that. I also tried power down and volume to boot into recovery. Nothing worked.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I had tech support level #3 on the line the other day and they told me how to force boot using the power down and volume controls, it didn't work. I'm thinking this may have to be returned.

Quote Originally Posted by terpdog View Post
    I had tech support level #3 on the line the other day and they told me how to force boot using the power down and volume controls, it didn't work. I'm thinking this may have to be returned.
    Try this:

1. Hold down power button + volume down button for three seconds or so
    2. Release the volume down button (still holding the power button)
    3. Continue holding the power button for 2+ seconds then release.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by souja67 View Post
    Try this:

1. Hold down power button + volume down button for three seconds or so
    2. Release the volume down button (still holding the power button)
    3. Continue holding the power button for 2+ seconds then release.
    Ok, ill bite...what is that one supposed to do? Does that boot to recovery or options?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    Ok, ill bite...what is that one supposed to do? Does that boot to recovery or options?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    All I know is that it got my tab to turn on when nothing else did.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by souja67 View Post
    All I know is that it got my tab to turn on when nothing else did.
    Duly noted...just in case...