Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random Shutdown

Has anyone had their tab shutdown in the middle of the night while charging? I left mine plugged in overnight to get to 100% and in the morning it was unresponsive. I had to hold down the powerbutton for a bit to get it boot up. I heard it happened on a few Google I/O models before 3.1, but havent heard since. I have logcat installed, but I dont know how to read it nor do I think it actually saved anything about the crash (at least thats what others speculate).

Im trying to figure out if its just a problem with mine or maybe its a certain app. That way I can take it back to frys if need be.

I haven't gotten mine yet, but you're not alone...

FF to 7:30
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Terry. I havent had it crash on me in person yet. So far only that one time last night. But I will keep track.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I have had it happen to me twice while using the media dock to charge at night... Resulting in fastboot to recovery the device. For me charging with the cable only I am fine. Using I/O edition. I also went and returned the media dock for a keyboard dock which I'm loving right now. I'll report back after I charge overnight to see if it gets unresponsive again.