Portrait vs Landscape Issue

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
There are two strange things going on when viewing in portrait versus landscape. Amazon app store won't select an app (not all apps, just some) when touched in landscape mode but works in portrait. Also some web pages start to load, then disappear in landscape but seem fine in portrait. Could this be an issue with the resolution? Or a problem (particularly with the app store) with honeycomb not yet optimized for that particular app? Or should I get a take it back for a replacement? I have the 16 gb white.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to owning an Android tablet! I love my Asus Transformer, but it does weird things like that. For example, names don't display in Google talk while in portrait mode, but look fine in landscape. It seems like each device has its own idiosyncrasies. It comes with the territory of being an early adopter.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
One of the few things about Honeycomb is they were specifically designed with 10.1" display in landscape in mind. Android 3.2 fixes the troubles with 7" tablets and hopefully it fixes the portrait view as well.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. So this is totally a software issue and not hardware related? I also have the browser closing problem (there is another thread on it) where it completely shuts down and returns me to the home screen. These are all Honeycomb issues? I'm assuming then that exchanging my SGT would not help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835