MKV movies

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the tip on Mobo. I was looking for something that would play smaller formatted videos in full screen and Mobo does that.

davemex#AC

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've found that the Xoom forums are a great resource for general Honeycomb questions, like what movie player to use or what apps are available. I had the exact same question about mvk videos yesterday and I found the following post reviewing Android video players:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-xoom/86445-xoom-audio-video-faq.html#post925209

It was very helpful and I finally settled on MoboPlayer. Your mileage may vary ;-)

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It'll play 720P MKV files, but so far all the ones I've tried has played them very choppy with audio out of sync. I don't know if we'll ever see acceptable 720P MKV playback on a Tegra 2 device.

simikon

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought the wifi version of this tablet today in the hopes that it would have native hw support for 720p/1080p mkv files like my Epic 4g and sadly it does not. I tried the native player, mvideoplayer and mobo player. The native player and mvideoplayer would not play a file I can easily play on the Epic. Mobo player can play it but only uses software based decoding which makes the video out of sync and horrible. If anyone can prove me wrong please post your configuration. BTW, please don't point me to conversion software. I really wanted to love this tablet but the main reason I was willing to pony up the extra cash for this tablet was to watch my extensive movie collection without having to convert it to another format.:'(

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought the wifi version of this tablet today in the hopes that it would have native hw support for 720p/1080p mkv files like my Epic 4g and sadly it does not. I tried the native player, mvideoplayer and mobo player. The native player and mvideoplayer would not play a file I can easily play on the Epic. Mobo player can play it but only uses software based decoding which makes the video out of sync and horrible. If anyone can prove me wrong please post your configuration. BTW, please don't point me to conversion software. I really wanted to love this tablet but the main reason I was willing to pony up the extra cash for this tablet was to watch my extensive movie collection without having to convert it to another format.:'(

give rock player a try

JerryRecords

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to try playing .MKV files using Mobo Player but I've loaded some .AVI's on there and the audio is very low. I've played a few different .avi files and tried using different headphones and audio is low. It does not match the level as to when you're playing music with Power Amp on it's default settings.

Has anyone come across this issue?

JerryRecords

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Also, for those who copied their .mkv files to their tab how did you accomplish it?

Did you drag and drop to the movies folder Using windows explorer or did you use any software?

I tried dragging and dropping but it keeps asking to convert or do it w.o conversion?

I tried w.o conversion but file transfer stops or i get an error nearly at the end.

I used a 4 GB mkv using windows 7 home premium.