Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SGT 10.1 not syncing with Mac OSX

My galaxy tab 10.1 is not syncing with Macbook Pro OSX. When I connected two devices via USB, the Macbook does not recognize my SGT 10.1. Samsung's Kies' Mac Sync software does not work on Macs either! So far Ive used bluetooth and dropbox services to transfer files/pics/music from macbook to SGT10.1. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Retired Moderator

1,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

It's a well known issue, and Samsung is working on it. There was an updated kies on their support sure on 6/9 that worked, but was taken down for some reason. It should be back soon though
    Thanked by:

The problem is MTP isnt natively supported by OS X... then again Samsung seems to be wanting people to use their implementation of MTP plus possibly a few extensions even on OSs that DO support MTP (Windows 7 for instance).
    Worst case you can always set it to developer and try to force raw USB device access. I hear yah though, I am a mac user and always found it frustrating when other platforms dont support compatibility for the mac (the only reason I didnt get a Zune back in the day).

I have been using file explorer. You can connect via a browser or an FTP program wirelessly.