video chat apps for GT10.1, wifi only?

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used Skype yet?

No video chat capability via Skype yet (if ever, now since it is owned by Microsoft).

Google Voice/Video chat is a good option and most Android phones should have it with GB update.

Sucks about Skype though since a lot of my international family use that primarily.

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Definitely GTalk - I use it now from my GT10.1, HTC Evo 4G and desktop computer. Video and audio quality far surpasses that of Skype in my opinion. Plus now I have full video chat access to same contacts list on all devices. Love it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

zeismb

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Definitely GTalk - I use it now from my GT10.1, HTC Evo 4G and desktop computer. Video and audio quality far surpasses that of Skype in my opinion. Plus now I have full video chat access to same contacts list on all devices. Love it.

How do you use gtalk for video chat on an evo?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Amen. The quality blows everything else away.

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
How do you use gtalk for video chat on an evo?

I have a rooted HTC Evo 4G running CM7.0.3 and just needed to flash an older version of GApps. Supposedly the next stable release of CM (7.1 I believe) will have a compatable version of GApps included. In either case, if you are rooted it can be down in flash (pun intended).

zeismb

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted HTC Evo 4G running CM7.0.3 and just needed to flash an older version of GApps. Supposedly the next stable release of CM (7.1 I believe) will have a compatable version of GApps included. In either case, if you are rooted it can be down in flash (pun intended).

Ahhhh....well not really in the mood to root so will stick with tango thanks for the info

gordita

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I decided to gift a tab 10.1 to my dad since it fits his needs.
similarly, i gifted an ipad2 to my in-laws because that's what they need.

we use iphones.
now, what are my options for video calls between the 3 households?
obviously, facetime is the right answer for video between my in-laws and us but what about the tablet?
I tried fring,skype and tango and was not successful with video.

I do not mind paying for an app at either end (on iphone or the tab).

thanks all!

Randall@Tango

Apr 15, 2011
support.tango.me
I decided to gift a tab 10.1 to my dad since it fits his needs.
similarly, i gifted an ipad2 to my in-laws because that's what they need.

we use iphones.
now, what are my options for video calls between the 3 households?
obviously, facetime is the right answer for video between my in-laws and us but what about the tablet?
I tried fring,skype and tango and was not successful with video.

I do not mind paying for an app at either end (on iphone or the tab).

thanks all!

Hi Gordita,

May I ask what type of video issues you are experiencing on Tango with your Galaxy tab 10.1?

Thanks!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz