1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recovering lost pictures

I had a couple pictures lost on my tab and cant figure out how to recover them. I figured it would be as easy as plugging it in to the usb and running a file recovery software on it. But whenever I plug it into the pc it shows up as a device instead of a drive and the software does not work on it.

Any ideas?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

No ideas on this guys?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Damn this tablet pisses me off. I tried talking to samsung support they didnt know much then I called them and they finally tell me well..... you can't recover lost things....pwnt.... wtf in my mind. I dont understand why they didn't just make it show up as another drive when you plug it in rather then a damn cell phone or something through Kies

what do you mean by lost pictures? how were they lost?
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well of course it was my fault some pictures just got deleted so the easiest way to prevent that is to not delete them but accident happen. There should a trash can like in windows so I can undo my mistakes But nope no recovery options at all.

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    Damn this tablet pisses me off.
    The tablet pisses you off because you told it to delete something and it did?!

sent from my OG EVO

I'd suggest installing SugarSync next time around. You can have it sync with your camera and any folder you'd like. Especially those that contain pictures.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yes Tkemack I know it sounds stupid but I think any device should have some way to recover lost data these days. It is not like recovery software is some new thing that they just couldn't implement.

And thank you cdf3 I have started using a backup setup that backs up everything everyday when I get home. Should have thought of that earlier but I guess lessons must be learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    Yes Tkemack I know it sounds stupid but I think any device should have some way to recover lost data these days. It is not like recovery software is some new thing that they just couldn't implement.

And thank you cdf3 I have started using a backup setup that backs up everything everyday when I get home. Should have thought of that earlier but I guess lessons must be learned.
    What backup system did you end up going with?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Recovering lost pictures

Just checked the website regarding the Samsung Photo Recovery. Just mentions smart phone and camera.

Have you been able to use it for the tablet?