1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Galaxy Tab with Windows Home Server (WHS)

Has anyone downloaded files from their WHS Web Site? When I try to open and/or download files from my WHS, they download as .BIN files and not the Word or Excel files that they are. I got the Galaxy Tab 10.1 to travel with so I wouldn't have to lug my laptop. If I can't access my WHS files, it is a dealbreaker for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Can you give us some more information about how you are downloading them?

Sent from my SGT 10.1

I will try it now

Got it! Download firefox and it works like a champ! Ignore the error that tells you it can't open it after it downloads. Just open it from the notifications area. I tested with .doc, .xls and .txt.

Let me know how it goes.

No need for the web interface at all, might I suggest setting up an FTP client on your WHS. I use Filezilla server on my WHS and then AndFTP on my HTC Evo 4G and and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to access my server file structure. With a quick Google search you can find an in depth HowTo on setting up your FTP server software and it only takes 15-20 minutes. With an FTP client you have a more convenient and reliable way of getting at all of the data on your WHS. Also of note both Filezilla and AndFTP are free. Of note I have also found that I achieve faster data transfer rates via FTP as opposed to the web interface. Just some food for thought.

Here are a few screenshots of my Evo connected to the server (some things whited-out for privacy).

Sent from HTV Evo 4G rooted with UnrEvoked, running CM7, OC'd to 1.11GHz, via Tapatalk Pro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Tab with Windows Home Server (WHS)-uploadfromtaptalk1308717950164.png   Galaxy Tab with Windows Home Server (WHS)-uploadfromtaptalk1308717963065.png   Galaxy Tab with Windows Home Server (WHS)-uploadfromtaptalk1308717976830.png   Galaxy Tab with Windows Home Server (WHS)-uploadfromtaptalk1308717990906.png  
    Thanked by: