1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default eBooks?

Hello,

Anyone have a good eBook app they would like to recommend (perhaps similar in functionality to iBooks)? I'm specifically interested in an app that will let me import pdf and epub files. Unfortunately, google books doesn't let you import your own files.

Thanks!
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

I'm using Aldiko. It's free and lets you import. Works great.

I've been using the Nook app. Its pretty easy to load ePub files from the sdcard and you can view the book on widescreen with split pages like a normal book. Also it is very customizable, from text size, to margin size and font size as well as many more options. I've tried several and like the Nook app the best. Plus it is free.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I have a nook (so have quite a library from them) so I use the Nook app, but the Aldiko app is also quite good.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

The nook app is good. I was just looking for an app without an in-your-face store. I have a Sony ereader and use that software on my laptop to see what new books are out. I don't buy ebooks; I download them like a bad guy.

Aldiko is the best. Just talked to their dev too and they are releasing a honeycomb update in the next few weeks. It still is a fine experience til them.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sdesocio View Post
    Aldiko is the best. Just talked to their dev too and they are releasing a honeycomb update in the next few weeks. It still is a fine experience til them.
    Yea...the cellphone version works great on the tab for now, but I'm looking forward to the update.