Where is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for Verizon?

jif0009

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This tablet was suppose to be available for pre-order over two weeks ago...the pre-order date and the release of the wifi-only versions have passed but no word on Galaxy Tab 10.1 with LTE. Any news from Verizon? Everytime I talk to a customer service representative they have no idea...some have never even heard of the tab (no suprise though, right?)

What's going on?

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I was in Best Buy over the weekend purchasing my Tab. They had a Samsung rep there over the weekend for assistance. I asked him about the Verizon version and he mentioned the August timeframe. Now of course that has to be taken for what it's worth. And yes he may have more info than a Verizon employee in one of the stores has.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the fact they haven't even mentioned their missed pre-order date is strange. I'm not sure what to expect. I bought a wifi-only Tab 10.1 and plan on keeping it until the LTE one is released.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Seems strange that their is no news on both the LTE 10.1 version and the 8.9 Version. Samsung having production issues?

There seems to be a production problem with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, plus they wanted to launch that with TouchWiz. So I don't expect that one till August the earliest. But have no idea about the LTE 10.1. Last I heard was a July launch and the pre-orders June 8th. I'm guessing LTE isn't playing so nice and they're making a fix for it, which would make sense why it got quite all of a sudden. I still think we'll see it in July, but probably late July.

ThunderFan

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be a production problem with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, plus they wanted to launch that with TouchWiz. So I don't expect that one till August the earliest. But have no idea about the LTE 10.1. Last I heard was a July launch and the pre-orders June 8th. I'm guessing LTE isn't playing so nice and they're making a fix for it, which would make sense why it got quite all of a sudden. I still think we'll see it in July, but probably late July.

What is it about the LTE radios that is giving the carriers so many issues? Seems odd to me that it would be so much different than the 3g radios that it would give both Motorola and Samsung so many issues making it play nice.

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
And people thought that tab will get LTE before Xoom. Not gonna happen. Most likely compatibility issue with Tegra.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking about waiting, but then went a different route...

Bought a WIFI only tab and setup a tether to my rooted VZW Thunderbolt. Works great and cost a lot less.

(And trust me, given the amount of data I actually plan on using via this method, I'd hardly consider it "stealing" either. 99.99% of the time I plan on using the wifi connection at my home and office to connect...it's just nice knowing I have options if I have a rare need to access the web from a remote location. It also hardly seems worth paying a monthly data plan for type of access. I'd probably go without than pay for 4G access given my intended usage).