Best Buy showing no love for the Galaxy Tab 10.1?

hurricane5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Got mine on launch day from Best Buy...walked in the store, they didn't have any signage or display for the 10.1 anywhere - asked one of the "techs" in the computer section and they unlocked a cabinet - there were about 20 10.1s in there (but no demo unit?)!

They didn't have any cases, so I went to a different BB store the following Monday. Again, no signage, no display (nice iPad 2 display though)...asked them if they had the 10.1 "yes, we just don't put any out, you have to ask for it". Asked about a case, and they pointed me to a generic rack. No accessories AT ALL for the 10.1, but interestingly, they had a lot for the Toshiba Thrive - which hasn't even launched yet.

Anybody know what the deal is?

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I do not think this is all Best Buy's doing.

Just like in your local grocery store - what sodas take up the majority of the soda aisle (and other places throughout the grocery store)? Coke and Pepsi. Why? Because they pay for the prime real estate on the shelves. If all things were equal, you'd see RC or other local sodas along side Coke and Pepsi. But that isn't the case. I think the same thing happens in other stores.

I bet Apple pays a mint to BB for the cases and signage and all for their iPads. Maybe Toshiba wants to spend a little money to put their initial tablet in front of eyeballs. Samsung may not want to. Same at Target. The Xoom and Acer tablet are displayed, but if you aren't looking for them, you may miss them. The next aisle over, the iPad display is big and beautiful.

I didn't even see the displays for the tablets when I went to BB to get mine, because I ordered it online on launch day and went to Customer Service to pick it up. I hope Samsung can throw some money at the 10.1 Tab to promote it more. It is a wonderful tablet, and I hope they sell a ton of them.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why they don't have a display, but as far as the accessories, they are very hard to come by. Was just finally able to order the Samsung cover from Samsung website yesterday. Out of the few accessories available, they are all pretty much backordered

sent from my OG EVO

hurricane5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why they don't have a display, but as far as the accessories, they are very hard to come by. Was just finally able to order the Samsung cover from Samsung website yesterday. Out of the few accessories available, they are all pretty much backordered

sent from my OG EVO
I ordered the case from the site on Tuesday (expecting delivery today)...missed out on the 30% off code. :(

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
They didn't have any on display either when I got mine last week. I would not have known it was out if it wasn't for blogs & forums.

sqlcowboy

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It seems that as far as accessories are concerned, most places are having problems getting them delivered from overseas. I'm still waiting on my ROOCase.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
It seems that as far as accessories are concerned, most places are having problems getting them delivered from overseas. I'm still waiting on my ROOCase.

Me too. Have the roo and Samsung case coming....hopefully one will get here before the tab is obsolete

sent from my OG EVO

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought my second SGT 10 on Wednesday. The area above my BB's entrance was one big Samsung ad with the SGT 10 prominent,

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There are two demo units (just like the XOOM) at my Best Buy. I agree that some Best Buy's don't care. In Panama City all they care about are Apple products.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

anon(247108)

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
My BB claimed that the units were delivered without the right stand for the display and that they were waiting for it. (Shrug) Who knows if its true, but Samsung should have stepped up to really position this fantastic product correctly.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It seems the shipping delays are the cause. My local VB didn't get their demo units until Monday morning. When I stopped in, a Samsung rep was putting everything together. When I went back in yesterday, they had a second demo unit out, just like the Zoom and ipads displays

LaTuFu#AC

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My local BB finally has a display of them, with a big hole for an empty case display, right next to the big hole where the USB adapters are supposed to go. They have a ton of keyboards for it, however.

There is now a brand new "tablet" section sandwiched between Appleland and the Laptops. Nothing but iPad cases in it right now. We'll see in a few weeks, I guess.

I ordered the Roocase from Amazon. Got tired of having nothing.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Android Central is who told me the damn thing was out. Samsung did a low-key release on it and decided the product was strong enough to stand on it's own merit. Samsung was right. The 10.1 is outselling other tabs right now. They advertise on the interwebs, but have avoided paying the big box advertising rates. They will have cardboard stands out after the initial hype of people like us wanes.

jasonmh26

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The 2 BB near me where the same way. A week in and while they both have a bunch locked up in the back, you wouldn't know it unless you asked. No sign, no stand, no demo units, etc.
It seems that Samsung chose BB as its big launch partner, they could have done a better job making sure they were getting the right kind of exposure at BB.

ggr

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
The BB where I bought mine couple of days ago, did not have any sign.
1. Samsung Tab was not kepy along with other tablets.
2. It was closer to ipad/apple display.
3. Wifi on samsung tabs were horrible, while on the other tabs were much better, they had a mobi or some kind of wifi thing on the same desk.
4. The guys did not know if any accessories will be available in the future. They only had 1 skin for the tab, it was pathetic.
5. The guys there could not figure out which ones were grey and which ones were white, I told them to look near the bar-code and then they were surprised to find it there.

Since I showed decent knowledge about the product, they did not bother being nice to me. Of course they tried to sell the protection plan, which I declined.

LaTuFu#AC

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The BB where I bought mine couple of days ago, did not have any sign.
1. Samsung Tab was not kepy along with other tablets.
2. It was closer to ipad/apple display.
3. Wifi on samsung tabs were horrible, while on the other tabs were much better, they had a mobi or some kind of wifi thing on the same desk.
4. The guys did not know if any accessories will be available in the future. They only had 1 skin for the tab, it was pathetic.
5. The guys there could not figure out which ones were grey and which ones were white, I told them to look near the bar-code and then they were surprised to find it there.

Since I showed decent knowledge about the product, they did not bother being nice to me. Of course they tried to sell the protection plan, which I declined.

Not sure what to say about #3. I've found my WiFi signal to be superior to every other device in my house. Including my Samsung Galaxy S phone. (Granted, the bar is not set very high to eclipse this phone). I have not compared it side by side to other tabs. A co-worker of mine likes my Tab better than his iPad2.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
yep...the wifi on my tab is loads better than even my laptop. My tab is pulling signals from down the street instead of just across the street.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084