Cant click install when installing from SD Card

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So all of the sudden, I cant click install when I am trying to install one of the apps that I have saved on my SGT. Its been working fine all day and it just all of the sudden stopped letting me hit install, I can hit cancel just fine though. I have made sure unknown sources is checked, I have rebooted several times, and I have even done a factory restore twice with still on luck. I am rooted, but it was working fine earlier so I am not sure what the problem is.

Any ideas?

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
After doing alot of research I finally found the problem. I use an app called Screen Filter to dim my screen brightness when I am doing late night reading, and it was for some reason not letting me click the install button. Once i stopped using it, I could install apps with no problems. I have emailed the dev to see what he says. Might help some others so just letting everyone know.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.haxor

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You mean you downloaded an APK file to the tablet and are trying to install it, right? Try installing with a file manager, like Astro. When you click on the apk in the file manager, it should give you an option to install.

I had to do that when i downloaded the apk for the live wallpaper from the Asus Transformer. I couldn't install it from the download folder, but when i opened it up in Astro, it allowed for an option to install it from there.

airalcorn2

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
After doing alot of research I finally found the problem. I use an app called Screen Filter to dim my screen brightness when I am doing late night reading, and it was for some reason not letting me click the install button. Once i stopped using it, I could install apps with no problems. I have emailed the dev to see what he says. Might help some others so just letting everyone know.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.haxor

Thanks for posting this. I was having the same problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463