Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock, Overcome 2.0

Default Cant click install when installing from SD Card

So all of the sudden, I cant click install when I am trying to install one of the apps that I have saved on my SGT. Its been working fine all day and it just all of the sudden stopped letting me hit install, I can hit cancel just fine though. I have made sure unknown sources is checked, I have rebooted several times, and I have even done a factory restore twice with still on luck. I am rooted, but it was working fine earlier so I am not sure what the problem is.

Any ideas?
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    Stock, Overcome 2.0

Default Re: Cant click install when installing from SD Card

After doing alot of research I finally found the problem. I use an app called Screen Filter to dim my screen brightness when I am doing late night reading, and it was for some reason not letting me click the install button. Once i stopped using it, I could install apps with no problems. I have emailed the dev to see what he says. Might help some others so just letting everyone know.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.haxor
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

You mean you downloaded an APK file to the tablet and are trying to install it, right? Try installing with a file manager, like Astro. When you click on the apk in the file manager, it should give you an option to install.

I had to do that when i downloaded the apk for the live wallpaper from the Asus Transformer. I couldn't install it from the download folder, but when i opened it up in Astro, it allowed for an option to install it from there.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock, Overcome 2.0

See the attachment for the install button that I couldn't click.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cant click install when installing from SD Card-d49d84f103_071832-1.png  

Quote Originally Posted by monsterenergy22 View Post
    After doing alot of research I finally found the problem. I use an app called Screen Filter to dim my screen brightness when I am doing late night reading, and it was for some reason not letting me click the install button. Once i stopped using it, I could install apps with no problems. I have emailed the dev to see what he says. Might help some others so just letting everyone know.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.haxor
    Thanks for posting this. I was having the same problem.

Thank you ! Uninstalling screen filter helped!

Thank you, I had a similar problem with Twilight. I just had to deactivate it and then I could install