Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stormhead77
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing Facebook App

OK, this is strange. When I set up my first SGT 10.1 I was able to find the Facebook App in the Market with no problem. When I was setting up my second tab I could not find it listed in the Market.

I know it just had an update so I wonder if that impacted its tablet approved status in the Market. Can you guys still see the app if you search for it in the Market?

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Re: Missing Facebook App

Honeycomb support was pulled when they updated to 1.6 the other day.

I deleted the app when I couldn't get the update notification in the Market, figuring i would just re-download it with the update. Ooops, that was a mistake. The good thing is the browser and screen size make it not as bad to browse the website.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Honeycomb support was pulled when they updated to 1.6 the other day.

I deleted the app when I couldn't get the update notification in the Market, figuring i would just re-download it with the update. Ooops, that was a mistake. The good thing is the browser and screen size make it not as bad to browse the website.
    Ah, that explains it. Thx! I have been using the browser and you're right, it isnt a bad experience at all.
    Thanked by:
    MarcVH 

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Yes the browser version runs fine on my tab too. Though I've been using friendme and the interface is great. Just needs notifications and a way to access messages.
    So many phones, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by EggoEspada View Post
    Yes the browser version runs fine on my tab too. Though I've been using friendme and the interface is great. Just needs notifications and a way to access messages.
    Yeah that's true its a good app for Facebook

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

has anybody else noticed that Friend Me shows posts from the facebook applications which you have blocked?
    I Have Multiple Personality Disorders - Sprint HTC One iPhone 5 too! Nexus 10 4rd Gen iPad 4G 16gb too

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreBlackberry View Post
    Ah, that explains it. Thx! I have been using the browser and you're right, it isnt a bad experience at all.
    I was unable to sign in to the browser version, and assumed it was a limitation of the browser, but it turned out the Samsung keyboard autocorrection was changing my password without me noticing. I'll try Friendme but so far I haven't found an app that matches the way I use FB.

If they beef up Friend Me, it will be THE Facebook app for Honeycomb. I already use TweetCaster almost exclusively and it's a very similar in layout...

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Heres the 1.6 update. I pulled it off my droidx and put it on my tab. Works well.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T8UYV9WC

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

thanks for the link

Friend Me is the best app out there for Facebook. The regular site just doesn't render very well on the browser, which is too bad.

Yes thanks for the link!
    Press ALT-F4 to see nudes

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

Only thing I hate on facebook us when you look at an image that black pop up window is horrible and is always jacking up and making the browsing experience suck
    HTC Rezound, IPad2, and Galaxy Tab 10.1
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Looks like the official app is back on the Market as of yesterday.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreBlackberry View Post
    Looks like the official app is back on the Market as of yesterday.
    I still can't get to it from my Tab, and when I go to the market site from my PC it says it's not compatible with that device. I love FriendMe, but it seriously needs notifications and messaging.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by zoyano View Post
    I still can't get to it from my Tab, and when I go to the market site from my PC it says it's not compatible with that device. I love FriendMe, but it seriously needs notifications and messaging.
    Oddly enough you can only find it on the main page of the Market from your Tab under the Top Free Apps section. If you do a name search it does NOT come up. Strange... For that reason I have not tried to install it.
    alienwired likes this.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rinnr1 View Post
    Only thing I hate on facebook us when you look at an image that black pop up window is horrible and is always jacking up and making the browsing experience suck
    Do a refresh and the black thing goes away. Same thing on computer... Just do an F5.