crash,crash,CRASH!!!

prostyle

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this thing crashes ALOT! Checking mail, crash open web browser,crash youtube,crash,appstore,crash! Nice hardware, crappy software!

anon(368343)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
You might have defective hardware or something of the sort. Ive only had a handfull of forceclosed errors and those were mostly caused by apps that weren't optimized for honeycomb. I suggest you get a replacement.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
You might have defective hardware or something of the sort. Ive only had a handfull of forceclosed errors and those were mostly caused by apps that weren't optimized for honeycomb. I suggest you get a replacement.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

/agree

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Right before mine died for good I had a large number of app crashes as well I just reurned it and my new one is working like a champ.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I ever have crashed was "Age of Zombies", but thats an app issue, not the device. Seems you just have a bad Apple. Might want to just exchange it. I'm sure you're next one will run just fine.

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
ive had twitter app crash and well thats it i think nothing catastrophic. just app issues nothing i havent had with blackberry.

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Very few crashes here as well. The only issue I have is an occasional random shut down on the browser.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
It's part of life with Honeycomb as it stands now - the OS is not really totally ready for prime time (although 3.1 is worlds better than 3.0). Plus the Tegra 2 has not proven to be as powerful a chipset as it was expected to be (hopefully Kal-El changes that).

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Stock browser definitely has some issues with certain web sites. Gizmodo is torture to read on the stock browser, and that's assuming it doesn't crash. Unfortunately, Dolphin is working on several issues they introduced with their last update, so for now I've been using Maxthon with good success.

Alik R

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
mine crashes all the time, some apps are causing unexplained behavior - can't go back using home button at all, my screen starts switching between portrait and landscape modes on its own every second, lately installation of any app eve optimized for honeycomb is slow, i had to restore to factory settings 4 times and reload everything. problems with wi-fi and BT connectivity - intermittent connection for both... not sure what to do with it :(

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
mine crashes all the time, some apps are causing unexplained behavior - can't go back using home button at all, my screen starts switching between portrait and landscape modes on its own every second, lately installation of any app eve optimized for honeycomb is slow, i had to restore to factory settings 4 times and reload everything. problems with wi-fi and BT connectivity - intermittent connection for both... not sure what to do with it :(
Exchange for a new one while you still can. Soumnds like you got a dud like I did. I didn't spend $600? for something that would repeatedly crash and ultimaytely just stopmpowering up. Thankfully my second one has been terrific.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Exchange for a new one while you still can. Soumnds like you got a dud like I did. I didn't spend $600? for something that would repeatedly crash and ultimaytely just stopmpowering up. Thankfully my second one has been terrific.

+1. There's duds in every production line. It's inevitable.

mackdoober

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any major issues on mine. I had a few force close notifications pop up occasionally on start up and the browser randomly closed out one time. For the most part, I feel like it's been running great - definitely less fc than I had on the Xoom.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The Tab 10.1 was unstable for me too.

I've had 3 transformers (because of hardware/light leak issues), but on all of them never had software crashes like I did on the Tab 10.1.

Monitor your memory, I noticed this on the Tab versus the Transformer; the Tab would eat up memory, sometimes as low as less than 100mb free. I only had a handful of apps installed and just one widget open (bookmarks). I used Android Task Manager (free) to compare to my Transformer. The Transformer never had less than 200mb free, normaly in the 350+ range.

I wonder if this could be a reason that some of you are experiencing more crashes?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey