Battery Indicatory stuck (possibly keyboard dock related)

shirokuro

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I got a Tab 10.1 last weekend and have been very impressed and happy with it until the last few days, when I purchased the keyboard dock.

Firstly, it would not work properly with the dock (went into clock stand mode, and keyboard wouldnt register) until I rebooted the tab. Anyway, that solved, I seem to have a more serious problem.

I've noticed that when charging the unit inside the keyboard dock, the battery indicator at some point seems to get stuck. This has happened twice now, both in the 40-50% range. Basically, even after leaving the tab charging in the dock for hours, or overnight, I'll take it out, and find that the battery indicator got stuck between 40-50%. On the lock screen, and even in "Battery Status" in settings, the readout will say xx% (in one case, 47%) and "On AC" "Charging." It continues to say this even if I remove it from the dock and remove it from AC. It still says "On AC" and charging, and the percentage is stuck.

I can recover the situation by rebooting the tablet. I know that battery actually IS charged, because as soon as I reboot, the battery indicator will show the true level - 99 or 100%, and it will continue to operate normally.

I have done a factory reset on the tablet and will test over the next few days to see if that helps. I'll try charging just with the adaptor instead of the keyboard dock as well. If it happens again, the Tab (and maybe the dock too) are going back to Best Buy.

Just wondering, has anyone else noticed behaviour like this - either charging via adaptor, dock, or keyboard dock? Loving the Tab, but this battery indicator getting stuck issue is not acceptable.

Thanks!

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I can say I have had this issue with the keyboard dock connected aswell. I turned it on in the morning and had the device at 98%, 5 hours later it was still at 98%. After rebooting I found it was actually at 80%, I would agree its related to the keyboard dock because it only first happend to me when i turned the device on while connected to the dock.

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,
I got a Tab 10.1 last weekend and have been very impressed and happy with it until the last few days, when I purchased the keyboard dock.

Firstly, it would not work properly with the dock (went into clock stand mode, and keyboard wouldnt register) until I rebooted the tab. Anyway, that solved, I seem to have a more serious problem.

I've noticed that when charging the unit inside the keyboard dock, the battery indicator at some point seems to get stuck. This has happened twice now, both in the 40-50% range. Basically, even after leaving the tab charging in the dock for hours, or overnight, I'll take it out, and find that the battery indicator got stuck between 40-50%. On the lock screen, and even in "Battery Status" in settings, the readout will say xx% (in one case, 47%) and "On AC" "Charging." It continues to say this even if I remove it from the dock and remove it from AC. It still says "On AC" and charging, and the percentage is stuck.

I can recover the situation by rebooting the tablet. I know that battery actually IS charged, because as soon as I reboot, the battery indicator will show the true level - 99 or 100%, and it will continue to operate normally.

I have done a factory reset on the tablet and will test over the next few days to see if that helps. I'll try charging just with the adaptor instead of the keyboard dock as well. If it happens again, the Tab (and maybe the dock too) are going back to Best Buy.

Just wondering, has anyone else noticed behaviour like this - either charging via adaptor, dock, or keyboard dock? Loving the Tab, but this battery indicator getting stuck issue is not acceptable.

Thanks!

I realize this is an old thread, but my response may help someone else. I don't have the keyboard dock. Mine's the dock that allows plugging in external speakers via a mini plug socket, while using the Samsung connector to charge. There are times when I got concerned because the Tab didn't appear to be recharging. It seems that the software that controls charging may get confused in what it reports. After restarting the Tab, it appears that charging occurred normally, but the reporting of the amount of charge was previously confused. Prior to restart, the battery level would remain unchanged while on the dock and there was no indication of the device charging. After restart, the Tab would indicate whatever level it had charged to and placing the Tab on the dock would get the charging indicator. I only get this once every few months. Restarting has always fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21