Google Music vs. Amazon Cloud Player?

dreten

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
They are both about the same. You get more free space with Goolge. With Amazon you get 5GB for free, but 20GB if you buy an album. One of the cool features of Amazon is when you buy a song or album from them it automatically gets loaded to your cloud drive and does not count against your storage limit. The android app are not that different either. They look a little different, but do about the same thing. They both cache recent songs you have listened to so you do not have to stream them again. I am not sure how long the cache lasts. They both also allow you to download tracks to the device if you want to have them locally. Google calls it pinning and Amazon just calls it downloading. Google has no store and Amazon does, but you can get around that if you like buying from Amazon and using the Google services. Just have your Google Media Manager point to the folder where the Amazon songs are downloaded so whenever you buy something from Amazon you can have it automatically uploaded to Google.

I use both since I have not deceived which I like better, but I would say if you have a ton of music and want to upload it all go with Google. Amazon's storage cost are too high right now for large collections.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I personally prefer the Google Music Player over Amazon's Cloud Player. I have both services installed on my Galaxy Tab 7 inch, and Galaxy Tab 10.1.

What I like most about Google Music is that it syncs automatically with my iTunes account (I don't believe Amazon's Cloud Player has this feature?).

I listen to a lot of Podcast, and when new shows are downloaded into iTunes, Google Music uploads them automatically so I can access them on both of my Tab's. Also, you can select which artist or albums you want to make available offline. This is helpful because after Google music uploads the new podcast, it will immediately send them back down to the device so I can listen to the shows offline.

It does all this seamlessly, without any effort from me. Very Cool! :D

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting. I've been trying to figure out which is better.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have both, and before Google Music came out, I used AmazonMP3 exclusively (going so far as to remove all local music from my phone.

Then I got my MusicBeta invite, and now the only time I Use AmazonMP3 is if I'm buying new music.

For me, Google Music had some significant advantages of Amazon.

1. It's optimized for my tablet. I know this might me minor for some people, and it wasn't hugely important to me, but better eye candy is better eye candy.
2. The ability to Pin music is a really useful feature. This is sort of like downloading (allows you to access content while offline) but the difference is that when you go to swap out your offline music, you can remove it from your device just by unpinning it. Another cool feature is if you have a playlist you have pinned to your device, adding a song to that playlist will automatically download it for offline playback.
3. If you have a "Best Of" Album from various artists, when you select the album from ANY of the artists, the entire album will show up. With my ipod, I would have to go to album view to get this, so it's a nice change.
4. This could just be for me, but I think it skips less when you're in a low signal (aka 1xRTT) area, though they are both great over wifi and even Verizon 3g.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
As I use both, I'm starting to see that they have their plus and minuses.
Make sure you have a backup of your files when using Google Music.
It does not allow you to download songs you've upload using a web browser or app.
You can, however, with Amazon.
I'm trying out a combination of Google Music and Dropbox.
I've placed the folder that Google Music syncs to inside of the Dropbox folder on my PC.
That way, as I add songs, they will be uploaded to both services.
I will be able to stream music with Google, while having them backed up to DropBox if I ever have the need to quickly download a particular song or album.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad