youtube and tab 10.1

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
is it me or do you tube videos lag on the galaxy tab? i dont remember about the xoom but i watched one of the recent annoying orange videos on my tab and it lagged very badly. now i also have the playbook and since the recent update youtube videos dont have a huge buffer time they used to. but i watched the same video on youtube using the full website and it plays very fluidly. anyone else experience youtube lag and is it just the tab or is it a honeycomb wide issue?
btw not a deal breaker for me.

vtwinracersp2

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Check that the tab has a fast connection to your router.

My router is supposed to do n, but for some reason it only does 0.5 megs a second when using n

When i switch to g, it does 6 megs and that helped youtube (along with everything else)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
YouTube app is rubbish. It does the same for me too. Especially for long video clips.
It also wont allow you to change the orientation in full screen mode.
I use the browser now for most of my YouTube clips.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I used browser on both tablets because I remember from the xoom that the youtube app was bad. now honeycomb loads a special you tube web page, but the playbook loads the same as a desktop browser. the playbook buffers very well and plays youtube videos very smoothly, but the galaxy cant buffer well and lags even when it is fully loaded. now its not a deal breaker because i watch alot of youtube on my playbook while im working over my bridgebrowser, believe it or not for how half assed the whole playbook launch was the bridgebrowser is excelent for me. still love my tab.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm not getting videos to play at all, either from the app, or from YT's site directly. From the site, I get a message that they can't play on a portable device, which is funny since they play on my Moto Droid just fine! The app just gives an error message that it couldn't load them.

Searching around is providing no useful clues. Anyone else experiencing this? I did make sure both system and YT app were up to date, by the way.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting videos to play at all, either from the app, or from YT's site directly. From the site, I get a message that they can't play on a portable device, which is funny since they play on my Moto Droid just fine! The app just gives an error message that it couldn't load them.

Searching around is providing no useful clues. Anyone else experiencing this? I did make sure both system and YT app were up to date, by the way.

Have you installed flash from the market? For some reason it doesn't come preinstalled

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yep, installed Flash, realizing the same thing. Have to now check the dr's suggestion to try to non-mobile site, but it's something else, I think, since another vid from a different site also didn't play. (Tho' it's from a mobile app, so maybe he's onto something.)

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
It must be a bad YouTube app, or something that drives it. When I open the vids in the Browser, they play fine now. I swear they didn't before! Hopefully an update will fix it. No biggie here anyway for us, just noticed it wasn't working.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My problem with YouTube is that even though HD viewing by default is off in the app settings, all vids still start as HD and I have to toggle it off. (I'm on a slower DSL connection).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20