Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Default Fantastic New Mail App for Honeycomb

I was about to return the Tab 10.1 because the stock email exchange app was so bad (did not show folders, etc.) and Touchdown for Tablets version is very clunky and CEish. My prayers were finally answered with Moxier Mail for Tablets.

If you've used Moxier Mail for an Android smartphone (which was okay) this is a total redo and very different, made especially for Honeycomb tablets. It is very modern, has all folders and a really great, highly customizable user interface that is really beautiful and very easy to use. You can get it now like I did on a two week free trial from the Android Market.

Let us know here what you think of it? So far I have not found any bugs.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Re: Fantastic New Mail App for Honeycomb

Cool, we use Exchange and I am always looking for something better. Will try it out.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

The stock exchange works for me. I can see the folders. Are you using the stock email app or the gmail app?

Also Moxier Wallet is a great little app.
    Samsung Captivate: Rom Kitchen JVP & xCal's 2.0 Kernel.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: Rooted. OC 1.4Ghz.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by x10d3 View Post
    The stock exchange works for me. I can see the folders. Are you using the stock email app or the gmail app?
    The stock exchange app will only show me the inbox, trash, etc. (Gmail shows folders, but it is not using an exchange server). It will not show all the individual folders I create in exchange, whereas Moxier will. Questions:

1) Do yours show custom folders in stock?
    2) Are you using active sync with Exchange or just IMAP?
    3) If using Exchange, are you on Exchange 2003, 2007 or 2010? (our server uses 2010).

Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    The stock exchange app will only show me the inbox, trash, etc. (Gmail shows folders, but it is not using an exchange server). It will not show all the individual folders I create in exchange, whereas Moxier will. Questions:

1) Do yours show custom folders in stock?
    2) Are you using active sync with Exchange or just IMAP?
    3) If using Exchange, are you on Exchange 2003, 2007 or 2010? (our server uses 2010).
    I am using the stock email client on my Tab and I am connecting to an Exchange 2010 server using Activesync. I see all of my folders in my client. They are not listed right below the Trash folder (they are not part of the Trash folder they just appear under it).
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    I am using the stock email client on my Tab and I am connecting to an Exchange 2010 server using Activesync. I see all of my folders in my client. They are not listed right below the Trash folder (they are not part of the Trash folder they just appear under it).
    Hmm- Mine do not appear there- is there a setting you turned on for that? I could not find one. I have numerous custom folders that do not show.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Same as the guy above. It's laid out pretty much just like my gmail imap account. I believe we have exchange 2010. All my folders appear below the trash. The list displays all my folders.
    Samsung Captivate: Rom Kitchen JVP & xCal's 2.0 Kernel.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: Rooted. OC 1.4Ghz.

How are you guys getting apostrophes to appear when replying to an email? Like the word don't. Mine come out as HTML code in the stock browser.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    I can see and move messages between the folders too. Exchange 2010 using ActiveSync with stock email client on the tab. I did nothing special to see them, they were just there.

I can also see my MSN (Hotmail) folders in the stock email client when I have MSN setup as an exchange service on the tab.

I was about to return the Tab 10.1 because the stock email exchange app was so bad (did not show folders, etc.) and Touchdown for Tablets version is very clunky and CEish. My prayers were finally answered with Moxier Mail for Tablets.

If you've used Moxier Mail for an Android smartphone (which was okay) this is a total redo and very different, made especially for Honeycomb tablets. It is very modern, has all folders and a really great, highly customizable user interface that is really beautiful and very easy to use. You can get it now like I did on a two week free trial from the Android Market.

Is installed and set it up. The set up process is excellent. Other than that, I have plenty of issues not the least of which is that a bunch of my contacts list as unknown and you can't edit contacts at all? It looks like a good start but I have to say Touchdown is a little ahead of you in this race.

I just downloaded and installed and initially I am quite pleased. Nice app. Going to give it a workout.

Just wish there were something that would allow me to view public folders other than in the browser via owa.

Does anyone know if there are any alternatives to the stock mail app for regular IMAP or POP accounts. I cannot stand the stock email (non-GMail) application since it does not let you determine how many emails you want to download. The options list is very limiting.

Sent via Tapatalk

ROM
    Rooted - that is all....

Quote Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
    How are you guys getting apostrophes to appear when replying to an email? Like the word don't. Mine come out as HTML code in the stock browser.
    Yeah, that's my biggest issue with the standard client. & or what ever it is keeps showing up in words like don't.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I'm using the stock Honeycomb email app with Exchange 2010 and only seeing some of my folders listed below Trash. I wish there were a way to force the client to reload the folder list but I'm not seeing one.

Wow this feels like an advertisement from Moxier Mail.

I get those also when I do the long press on a key to get the alternate character. When I change the keyboard "page" to show the actual character (like the apostrophe) then it works properly.
    So, some kind of a bug I guess.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Is installed and set it up. The set up process is excellent. Other than that, I have plenty of issues not the least of which is that a bunch of my contacts list as unknown and you can't edit contacts at all? It looks like a good start but I have to say Touchdown is a little ahead of you in this race.
    I assure you it is not an ad. It is that good. I have no ties whatsoever to them at all- I am not in their industry at all and in a small business in a completely different industry. I had tried and paid for all the apps (Moxier, RoadSync, Touchdown, etc.) and used them over time, but this is by far and away the best I have tried. However, it may not be for everyone, so try it and the others out and make your own decision.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YourFace View Post
    I'm using the stock Honeycomb email app with Exchange 2010 and only seeing some of my folders listed below Trash. I wish there were a way to force the client to reload the folder list but I'm not seeing one.
    Agree 100%. That was my problem and why I looked for other apps in the first place, and how I ended up starting the thread. However, it appears other did not have the same folder problem so it must be something that only affects certain users (unfortunately at least you and me).

I'm using the stock email app for my work exchange and it has been working fine for me. It shows all of my folders under "Trash" just as the other guys have mentioned. I have at least 60 of them. I wonder what settings could be different. I didn't have to do any funky settings. I wonder if removing the account and re-adding would fix it for you.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

The problem with Moxier is that it doesn't support more than one Exchange account. So if you have more than one, this is not for you. I emailed the sompany, and they said that they might consider adding support for more than one but nothing on when it might happen.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Thanks - my stock e-mail client for some reason will not allow me to "reply" through Exchange - while forwarding and new e-mails go through. Very annoying and I was looking for an alternative. Will try it out.