Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Hey Guys,

    Just got my Tab today (16gb) and I transferred 1500 songs over from my computer through the provided usb cable (took forever). But when I go to the Music Player it tells me that I have no music in the library and then explains to tell me how to put music on the tab (which i already did)

    The other thing is that if I go to storage and then music, all of my songs show up and i can play them from there.

    Yet nothing shows up in the player.

    Does anyone know how I can get the music to show up in my music player? I have transferred and deleted the files twice with no luck. Its really starting to bug me.

    Would appreciate it if someone had a suggestion on how to fix this, and not provide an app or other third party software to transfer music.

    Thank you!
  2. #2  
    werkx's Avatar

    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    are you using the stock google music app or the stock samsung music app to locate the transferred music files?
  3. #3  
    RkyMtnHigh's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper92 View Post
    Hey Guys,

    Just got my Tab today (16gb) and I transferred 1500 songs over from my computer through the provided usb cable (took forever). But when I go to the Music Player it tells me that I have no music in the library and then explains to tell me how to put music on the tab (which i already did)

    The other thing is that if I go to storage and then music, all of my songs show up and i can play them from there.

    Yet nothing shows up in the player.

    Does anyone know how I can get the music to show up in my music player? I have transferred and deleted the files twice with no luck. Its really starting to bug me.

    Would appreciate it if someone had a suggestion on how to fix this, and not provide an app or other third party software to transfer music.

    Thank you!
    Welcome to Honeycomb....WHICH music folder did you put the songs in? There are 2 of them aren't there? One on the (for lack of a better term) Hard Drive, (that you aren't really allowed to use) and another on the virtual SD Card... If it's not in the approved folder, you'll never get the app (or any app for that matter) to recognize that they are there. I'm amazed you can even see the files as Honeycomb likes to hide them when you put them in the wrong folder requiring a file manager to view (but not touch) them when it's feeling extra-ornery. It's frustrating at worst, but funny as hell (to me) when I write about it now.
  4. #4  
    1414H77's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    Welcome to Honeycomb....WHICH music folder did you put the songs in? There are 2 of them aren't there? One on the (for lack of a better term) Hard Drive, (that you aren't really allowed to use) and another on the virtual SD Card... If it's not in the approved folder, you'll never get the app (or any app for that matter) to recognize that they are there. I'm amazed you can even see the files as Honeycomb likes to hide them when you put them in the wrong folder requiring a file manager to view (but not touch) them when it's feeling extra-ornery. It's frustrating at worst, but funny as hell (to me) when I write about it now.
    Move your music to the Sound folder.
  5. #5  
    RkyMtnHigh's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Move your music to the Sound folder.
    It's not mine, but yes, I forgot to mention the sounds folder. God knows you'd never put music into a "music" folder. What the hell was that guy thinking....
  6. #6  
    s1moore's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Try restarting your device. That did it for me.
  7. #7  
    gyroslice's Avatar

    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    It will eventually show up. Mine took 15-20 minutes before it found all my music files.

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  
    1414H77's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    It's not mine, but yes, I forgot to mention the sounds folder. God knows you'd never put music into a "music" folder. What the hell was that guy thinking....

    Because that is where Samsung Kies automatically transferred all of the music from my mac and it was recognized by the player. I know it is ridiculous but...
  9. #9  
    RkyMtnHigh's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Because that is where Samsung Kies automatically transferred all of the music from my mac and it was recognized by the player. I know it is ridiculous but...
    Find your irony and sarcasm buttons and push them until they say 'on"

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    It's not mine, but yes, I forgot to mention the sounds folder. God knows you'd never put music into a "music" folder. What the hell was that guy thinking....


    I will try this thank you! Will report back
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Alright I looked on the tab for a Sounds folder but didnt see it.

    I have a music folder and that is where i dumped my 1500 songs.

    I downloaded 3 third party apps and all find my music and play it appropriately, but yet the original music app on the tab will not detect anything.

    Also, my samsung music hub will not stop loading, the circular image pops up in the middle and rotates to indicate loading but it never loads.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Got it!!

    I put one song on to make sure the google based music app worked, and it showed up, so i continued to put the other 1500 songs on. And now they all show up!

    So pumped.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper92 View Post
    Got it!!

    I put one song on to make sure the google based music app worked, and it showed up, so i continued to put the other 1500 songs on. And now they all show up!

    So pumped.
    im facing the same problem with galaxy s2. in my case both stock player as well as winamp is not showing my music. could u please explain what actually u did to fix this.
  14. #14  
    RkyMtnHigh's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

    Default Re: Music transferred but not showing up in the player

    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper92 View Post
    Alright I looked on the tab for a Sounds folder but didnt see it.

    I have a music folder and that is where i dumped my 1500 songs.

    I downloaded 3 third party apps and all find my music and play it appropriately, but yet the original music app on the tab will not detect anything.

    Also, my samsung music hub will not stop loading, the circular image pops up in the middle and rotates to indicate loading but it never loads.
    Don't feel bad...the Toshiba does the same thing...Honeycomb....taking it back tomorrow and gonna' try yet another.

Posting Permissions