Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Apple trying to block Tab 10.1 sales in U.S. ??

Anyone with legal experience or someone who follows these things closely... can you shed some light on this? Apparently Apple is trying to block the sale of the 10.1 in the U.S. What is the reality of it?

Apple tries to block four Samsung devices in U.S. | Apple Talk - CNET News

I am also wondering what this would do for Samsung support of our tablet.

Thanks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Well, if Apple wins, don't expect touchwiz or any bug fixes if you don't return it...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Apple trying to block Tab 10.1 sales in U.S. ??

Samsung also tried to ban apple products last week.

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

I don't think it will happen or at least I hope not. The most it will end up with is a settlement of some amount.

Is there an official statement from Samsung on support / returns if Apple wins its case?

LOL

If Apple were to win a preliminary injunction it would be for any future devices imported to the US for sale on the US market. They could even stop the sale of the ones here on shelves.

But it would not mean that people that own them would have to return them. That would be taking things a bit to far.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ems12a View Post
    LOL

If Apple were to win a preliminary injunction it would be for any future devices imported to the US for sale on the US market. They could even stop the sale of the ones here on shelves.

But it would not mean that people that own them would have to return them. That would be taking things a bit to far.
    Of course nobody would be forced to return them. However, since Samsung wouldn't be able to support the device, (even warranty repairs) they would probably OFFER a buyback program for the devices in lieu of a monetary penalty, or to drop the amount of a settlement awarded to Apple. That's what company's do when they lose a lawsuit...Don't read into it. If they didn't offer a full buyback they would lose a lot of customers as people wouldn't buy another device for fear of them getting sued again and not having any options.