Help with tethering/wireless-lessness conection

Protocol512

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if any of you who have this tab know that I can connect any way whatsoever with a wifi only tab, and no wireless available. My logic tells me that I should be able to use my prevail as a tether, if the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (wifi only) or the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1v (wifi only) will allow usage of the tethered prevail as a "USB modem", when wifi is not available.

Can anyone tell me if my thinking is flawed? I'm trying to save my father from an iMistake, or Microsoft Catastrophy v7. I'm a huge fan of Samsung, and would like to promise my father a connection with a wifi only Tab, without consistant wifi. He would be using this tab in wifi locations, as well as very remote places, most of which have no wifi available. The problem lies in the rooted galaxy prevail (boost), and the fact that Boost isn't a supported carrier for the galagy tab. I want to avoid having another carrier, and another data plan.

Any idea is a good one, and since I notice this forum is rather empty, let's fill it up. :)

Last edited:

Protocol512

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
122 views and no reply!

Ok, let me try to phrase this differently. Can I use a Samsung Galaxy Prevail, as a hotspot for a Galaxy Tab wifi connection?

Hopefully this will prompt some sort of reply:p

abbysolis.82

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Still one has to, wonder, which carriers ARE Samsung-approved, "supported carriers" .. I would think that the tethering problem lies more with our service providers than our phone models. I have Cricket, so I'm probably in the same boat as you & Boost, :banghead: Good luck!

Sent from my M865 using Android Central Forums

abbysolis.82

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and thanks for posting this problem! I'm currently looking to buy the wifi version of this tablet and it had never even occured to me to question its wifi compatability with my Cricket Huawei Ascend 2 tether.. Wow, that could've been a terribly shocking, (& expensive!) disappointment! :eek: Well, here's hoping for a resolution, and please let me know what happens. Thanks & good luck again! :)

Sent from my Cricket Huawei Ascend 2 using Android Central Forums

Xume

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Yea I use bluetooth also. Easy and I can't tell the difference in performance. Anyone know about data usage when using blooth vs hotspot?

schneid

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I use FoxFi BT Dun on my Droid X and PDANet Tablet on GT2 10.1.

Install FoxFi on phone and select BT DUN. Follow instructions. Instructions tell you to install PDAnet on Tab and run it. press Configure to find phone and then Connect. Works great.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800