samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 can't type in app

mukidi01

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone! i have a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 (obviously) running ICS 4.0.3 and i can't type a single letter in google search, google play and other apps that requires typing for search. everytime i hit the search button (or google search) in an app, it instantly freezes and crashes. the error message said "unfortunately google search has stopped".

what should i do? can anyone give me a solution>
thank you for your help. it's really important because i use it on presentations and such...:(

CeluGeek

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you install a custom keyboard recently? (Swiftkey, Swype, etc.)
I'd start by uninstalling any custom keyboard or at least, set the default input method back to Samsung Keyboard.

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Your clipboard is corrupt. You need to nuke /data/clipboard (which will lose all your persistent clips). You may have to be root to do this, I'm not sure.

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If it is the same problem I had, a different keyboard wont help once it happens. May or may not keep it from happening. can't say about 4.0.4 which has a slightly different keyboard.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

fatinw

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
i also got the same problem...i reboot my device twice already and after a few week it come again...another keyboard app does'nt helped...huh!just bring it to the samsung service center..

donnellfms

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi fellas.

I?ve been thru the same problem last week. I found a solution at XDA Dev Forum (thanks user wd5gnr).

It really was a problem with the embedded clipboard application from Samsung.

The good news are that you just need to clean the clipboard cache existing at /data/clipboard and the problem disappear.
The bad news (for some people at least) are that you must get your device rooted to get access to /data/clipboard folder.

So that your decision: do a factory reset every time this problem comes up (there?s a workaround using the "Ice Cream Sandwich Keyboard Free", but I didn't tested) or get your device rooted. I've chosen the second one.

Let's get the hands on:

There are several ways to get Galaxy Tab rooted. I've followed this tutorial Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1 inch display) Model Numbers GT-P5100, GT-P5110 and GT-P5113, it worked like a charm for mine GT-P5100.

Provided that your device is already rooted, you just need open your favorite file manager (I used ES Explorer), mount/get root RW access to your file system, navigate to the folder /data/clipboard, clear the content of this folder (you can perform backup of this data to another location prior deleting if you are afraid of lose some useful information) and reboot your device. Your keyboard should be working once again.

Mr. wd5gnr also suggests that you change the /data/clipboard folder permissions to prevent this problem to happen again.

For doing this download and install on your rooted device the Terminal Emulator (available at Play Store https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=jackpal.androidterm&hl=pt_BR&token=t63Xc7bR) then open it and enter the command lines as bellow:

su
chmod 775 /data/clipboard
chown system.system /data/clipboard

And reboot again.

Finished.

Regards.

roommateneedshelp

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
So my roommate got this tablet and a keyboard for it. everything is working great when she is typing on facebook and accidentally hits a key. now the swipe doesn't work on the keyboard on the tablet itself, and she cannot use the letters on the keyboard not on the tablet. does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad