- 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM #2
- 261 Posts
Re: I thought Samsung was going to release Jelly Bean for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0? What ever happened to th
I remember seeing that on a few pretty reputable sites (although I don't recall any differentiating between the different flavors of Tab 2 7.0), but when I searched Samsung's site, I saw no mention of updating any tablets to Jelly Bean...
However, there are reported leaks of the Tab 2 update, and also some people claiming that their Samsung tabs are receiving the updates (some versions in certain parts of the world), so I personally think it is coming.
It seems that even if it is planned, Samsung is like many other companies, and doesn't announce schedules in advance. If you look at the Samsung site, there is a list of some cell phones to be upgraded, but the only schedules they publish are "Released" and "Coming Soon" and even though I think "Coming Soon" is a cop-out, apparently their business model discourages announcing actual dates.
So, my best guess is "Coming Soon" to the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, with no definition of what "Coming Soon" means.
- 12-13-2012, 11:19 PM #3
- 314 Posts
- 4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2
Re: I thought Samsung was going to release Jelly Bean for Galaxy Tab 2
Samsung is busy updating newer gear. They focus on the latest equipment then move backwards. So, until the Note 2, Note 10.1, and Galaxy S3 are on JB, the Tab 2 is not a priority.
Sent from my Nexus 10My Toys
Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2
- By inthegalaxy in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 15Last Post: 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM
- By j.glik14 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 09-07-2012, 07:12 AM
- By azharisadig in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 93Last Post: 08-21-2012, 11:41 AM
- By kswem in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-07-2012, 11:13 AM
- By ConceptVBS in forum Samsung Galaxy TabReplies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2010, 12:52 PM